• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have a photo of Jason Ewert they can post?

131 posts in this topic

I am paraphrasing and some of that is from talking to Steve afterward about why he decided ultimately to ban Jason from submitting to CGC after all. It made sense to me, even though it was not consistent with how CGC treated Danny Dupcak (allowing him to submit books and not threatening to ban any member dealer who submitted for Dupcak). I think that Steve used the "nuclear option" on Jason because Jason was his good friend, and yet betrayed and lied to him about widespread trimming of already high grade books (something that most people would agree goes well beyond pressing or even other commonly accepted conservation or professional restoration processes). With Dupcak there wasn't the same level of personal betrayal, and thus, not the same anger in Steve's decision-making.

But Steve was pizzed! lol

As he should have been. When everything went down, Steve confronted Jason and gave him an opportunity to come clean. Jason denied it. He ended up getting caught.

I very much doubt that, if he had fessed up when Steve first asked him, that he would've been banned.

That is hilarious! At last I can look at that picture and do something other than cringe!

I was at that dinner but wasn't important enough to be in that photo. :cry:

Because you wouldn't take off that silly hat. :gossip:

golddust-with-guys.jpg

Why didn't the FBI get involved? After all the guy was frauding people all over the country. Seems to me like the feds would have seized all of the comics as potential evidence; tried, indicted and sentenced the guy and then try to get everyone their money back. But from the posts I've read of those who were actually victimized it sounds like the guy got off scot-free and is still at large.

Oh, come on.......you really can't be serious here!

Do you really think the FBI doesn't have more important things to do than to chase down a guy who was selling slabbed CGC books after they had passed the restoration check from a independent third party grading company.

Especially when none of the victims who were directly impacted were willing to even step up and become a party to the potential lawsuit against Jason at the time.

I don't have very many cgc books in my collection, so I am unaware of how their restoration guarantee works. Do they guarantee the book is unrestored if it is in one of their encapsulators? If you owned one of the Ewert books in a CGC blue that had resto on it and they had missed it would they be responsible for refunding you if you had a valid receipt of comic's price and what you paid for it?

I was also at that dinner although I had pretty much just joined the boards then.

Scott (FFB, EffEffBee) used to host/organize a number of these events for boardmembers and probably spent a fair amount of his own money subsidizing it. (Often unappreciated.)

(thumbs u

Only when people skipped out on the bill!

Every year. :ohnoez:

Yeah, I feel your pain.

You know, this happened a couple of years ago at SDCC as well. Borrock ended up paying something like $700.00 if I remember correctly. Never mentioned it to anyone, just paid it and went on.

If you are going to the dinners, pay your part and it wouldn't hurt if you chipped in a little extra, just to make sure.

Any place I could go to get a course in Danny 101 or Jason 101 would be a big help!

Thanks!

Best place to start for Danny is OldGuy's page

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/cbg.htm

Explore from there.

Thanks, Scrooge. And thanks to CBG, OldGuy, and all the others who made it a point to out this clown.

Fascinating stuff! I see now that Comic-Keys no longer has any active or recent eBay auctions, which makes me wonder what Danny's up to these days. I would be shocked if this convict just grew a conscience overnight. It would seem more likely to me that he'd just try to hide his identity as he searches for the newest batch of suckers.

Fascinating stuff! I see now that Comic-Keys no longer has any active or recent eBay auctions, which makes me wonder what Danny's up to these days.

He ditched that account and now sells under the ebay name "robojo33", he has 175 listings up right now.

Fascinating stuff! I see now that Comic-Keys no longer has any active or recent eBay auctions, which makes me wonder what Danny's up to these days.

He ditched that account and now sells under the ebay name "robojo33", he has 175 listings up right now.

Thanks! I'll watch out for that one.

That is hilarious! At last I can look at that picture and do something other than cringe!

I was at that dinner but wasn't important enough to be in that photo. :cry:

Because you wouldn't take off that silly hat. :gossip:

golddust-with-guys.jpg

Are Jason and Tom really really tall?