• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JIM 112

25 posts in this topic

I don't think it has a back cover so I'm saying 0.5 :sumo:

i wish the douchenozzles would just be quiet if they don't have anything else to say. when i grade on here, i go with the written description and pic(s) provided. if i don't feel i have enough to go on, i keep my mouth shut instead of making smartass remarks. can anyone tell me ANYTHING that could be on the back of this comics that would INCREASE the grade? no. and there's nothing that would decrease it either. i just like to get a second opinion sometimes without people acting like they're too good to give a grade on a front cover and trust that i am not trying to pull the wool over their eyes on the back.

i wish the douchenozzles would just be quiet if they don't have anything else to say. when i grade on here, i go with the written description and pic(s) provided. if i don't feel i have enough to go on, i keep my mouth shut instead of making smartass remarks. can anyone tell me ANYTHING that could be on the back of this comics that would INCREASE the grade? no. and there's nothing that would decrease it either. i just like to get a second opinion sometimes without people acting like they're too good to give a grade on a front cover and trust that i am not trying to pull the wool over their eyes on the back.

doh!

How did you know my last name was Douchenozzles?

Seriously though, if your going to scan the front of a book scan the back of it too. It can't be that time consuming for you.

If CGC didn't look at the back covers of the book it wouldn't be an issue, but they do. and if you want an honest opinion from me then you will need to post both covers or you can put me on ignore, Your choice.

And to say that there is nothing on the back cover that can decrease the value is a crazy thing to say. I suppose you believe the back cover to be flawless then?

doh!

Seriously though, if your going to scan the front of a book scan the back of it too. It can't be that time consuming for you.

If CGC didn't look at the back covers of the book it wouldn't be an issue, but they do. and if you want an honest opinion from me then you will need to post both covers or you can put me on ignore, Your choice.

And to say that there is nothing on the back cover that can decrease the value is a crazy thing to say. I suppose you believe the back cover to be flawless then?

+1

If the BC is exactly like the FC, I'll stick with 5.0, but there might be just a little something going on that could make me say 4.5.

And if you don't want to know what I/we have to say... why ask? (shrug)

doh!

the back looks like the front. except it's on the back. any spine creases would show up on the color on the front far better than on the back. i've scanned back covers in the past. i may again in the future. but is it too much to ask to take my word that the back cover is pretty much like the front if i don't feel like scanning both?

doh!

the back looks like the front. except it's on the back. any spine creases would show up on the color on the front far better than on the back. i've scanned back covers in the past. i may again in the future. but is it too much to ask to take my word that the back cover is pretty much like the front if i don't feel like scanning both?

Porky would you buy a comic without inspecting the back cover? No! Why then expect the very thing for us here?

doh!

If that's the way you want to do it then you do have that right, However people will only be guessing the grade based on the front of the book only. Is that really what you want?

Porky, these are the unofficial guidelines for the grading forum.

1)Try not crop your scans.

2)Put only three books out a day to grade.

3)Put the front and back cover scans.

Your laziness is the problem not the people acting like they are too good. Just scan the front and back and you won't have any problems. (thumbs u

When you're buying a book, do you just look at the front and believe the seller that the back is in the same shape? (shrug)