• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Done selling on ebay

300 posts in this topic

Man it's getting boring waiting for kidcolt to respond. :popcorn:

Here's how it's going to go.

You now: (shrug) "kidcolt, are you going to respond?"

You 50 years from now: :preach: "kidcolt, are you going to respond?"

:roflmao:

Man it's getting boring waiting for kidcolt to respond. :popcorn:

Here's how it's going to go.

You now: (shrug) "kidcolt, are you going to respond?"

You 50 years from now: :preach: "kidcolt, are you going to respond?"

Agreed. As Wesley said, "Get used to disappointment."

So, did the OP just not get enough money for the FF 48 CGC 4.0 book in bidding and then conveniently have it "stolen"? Just curious what others are thinking.

Come on, people, do some work.

Both listings were BINs, not auctions, and they both sold for the same amount ($100US.)

But he said it was stolen (shrug)

Unless I miss your point, which is ENTIRELY possible

Yes, 'twas indeed missed. :)

Perhaps you could spell it out in big, capital letters for those of us who missed

your point o great one. :baiting:

You mean... I might have been right in asking? :o I'm so happy! :cry:

I never understand why anyone would say no returns on Ebay. If someone wants to return something, it's coming back your way no matter what you put in the description :gossip:

Exactly - not having a decent return policy on eBay is just foolish; if there's a problem with the book you've sold, and you've put "as is - no returns" in your auction description, you're immediately putting the buyer on the defensive. He/she will think it's going to be a pain to return the item, and is much more likely to just neg you without even bothering with a contact.

My return policy on eBay is exactly the same as it is here on the boards - I will take back anything I've sold for any reason whatsoever.

I never understand why anyone would say no returns on Ebay. If someone wants to return something, it's coming back your way no matter what you put in the description :gossip:

Exactly - not having a decent return policy on eBay is just foolish; if there's a problem with the book you've sold, and you've put "as is - no returns" in your auction description, you're immediately putting the buyer on the defensive. He/she will think it's going to be a pain to return the item, and is much more likely to just neg you without even bothering with a contact.

My return policy on eBay is exactly the same as it is here on the boards - I will take back anything I've sold for any reason whatsoever.

(worship)

I have mixed feelings here.

I often put 'no returns' in my auctions. Granted, that language probably doesn't mean squat in a Paypal or eBay dispute.

While I would definitely take something back if it was damaged in shipping, I'm not running a business. I'm not Wal-mart with a no hassle return policy.

I view accurately described listings like a garage sale or a Craigslist ad. I'm not taking something back once it's left my possession because you had a change of heart or your wife started yelling at you after she discovered the purchase. 2c

EDIT: I also don't sell subjectively graded collectibles like raw comics. That's a whole different can of worms and arguably a good reason for returns.

So, did the OP just not get enough money for the FF 48 CGC 4.0 book in bidding and then conveniently have it "stolen"? Just curious what others are thinking.

Both listings were BINs, not auctions, and they both sold for the same amount ($100US.)

Perhaps you could spell it out in big, capital letters for those of us who missed

RJRJR: So, was it just not bid up high enough for the seller the first time?

ME: both listings were BINs, not auctions, and sold for the same price.

I'm not quite sure how to make that clearer. And the one who missed it was Sulphur.

hm

Guys, I think he gets what we're saying about buyers and about how his auctions might affect bids and potential buyers.

But it is his right as a seller, just as it's our right as buyers to decline and continue looking.

exactly. i'm more than happy to lose that extra $0.50- $1 on my cheapo crappo comics that i'm trying to get rid of to not have to worry about the hassle of trying to sell them again.

:popcorn:

DR.X

:popcorn::popcorn:

:popcorn: :Popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:fear:

Bowchika wow I want to see you posting some action sig line pics to even the field..nom nom nice candy in the sig line..can I devote a thread to the appreciation of it

just kidding ..well ..mmmm maybe I am mmmmaybe I'm not bowchika wow

The moral compass is right, we shouldn't assume guilt.

I believe what happened was that the original FF 4.0, that was stolen and subsequently listed by his evil twin on these boards, did not sell. After a stern talking to about what is right and what is wrong by the forum Guru, he realized his life of crime would lead him nowhere. He then went and returned the book to his righteous brother, who then listed the book on Ebay, yet again, ending in the second neg.

Or....

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor)[1] often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae, translating to law of parsimony, law of economy or law of succinctness, is a principle that generally recommends, when faced with competing hypotheses that are equal in other respects, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions.

splain please in english...doesn't make any sense to me..I think from the looks of things and lack of post-age on the part of the dude it is a scammer biotching about whoa is he who has such troubles as he rips off repeated peeps..

I'm not bitter RMA.

Actually with the coming of my second child, the world has never been brighter. The thought of another baby to love fills me with enough joy and elation to conquer the world.

I just think you have operated unchecked a little too long, and forgot how to be nice and have a conversation. That's all, no more, no less.

I'm waiting for your congratulations. :lol:

First I am not "jumping you" so don't take this the wrong way. I like you and am happy you are expecting another bundle of joy.

But RMA Operated unchecked?? cut it out

he really truly is a nice guy and has been a fair friend to me for many a year..

be nice!! *gives glare* but seriously he is my friend for a reason ...just remember this is just a chat board 'kay?

I'm not quite sure how to make that clearer. And the one who missed it was Sulphur.

hm

So what rjrjr should have asked was, "did he decide the price he was asking was too low and then conveniently have it stolen?

I'm too sleepy to keep this going. I concede. For now :sumo:

Ah who am I kidding. I concede

hm

So what rjrjr should have asked was, "did he decide the price he was asking was too low and then conveniently have it stolen?

I'm too sleepy to keep this going. I concede. For now :sumo:

Ah who am I kidding. I concede

I was not answering his question, merely correcting the details.

(thumbs u

I sell on eBay as well, but I always put "I'm not a professional grader, so I'm not going to 'grade' this comic." So far it has worked for me. That way, I let the buyer decide what the condition is.

I try to write as accurate a description as possible and post pictures.

Personally if someone states this in their listing I will avoid it,as I'm sure many do. (shrug)

Yeah. That's just wildly_fanciful_statement. You have to accept some responsibility for the listing. I always avoid those listings too