• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you think of the DD 1 relaunch?

23 posts in this topic

I've always liked DD, the character, the abilities, and overall concept.

I just think he's been underrated for so long (that movie really didn't help either), that it's hard to get him out of that rut.

The opening of the story and attention to detail in the art has me looking forward to this series

Plus, when he finally got the limelight (Shadowland), the story and concept was truly awful.

DD doesn't suit huge great super-powered wars.

Underrated, maybe. But the Bendis/Brubaker runs added up to years of great DD. I'm just amazed things went so south so quickly after Brubaker left.

My one complaint is the villains. The Spot? The electronic robot thingies that to his senses say are there but not there? In the midst of reading a pretty good mystery involving the astute lawyer trying to uncover a possible mob conspiracy, they just throw in bad guys that are from bizzaro world, and are unrealistic.

I don't like the Spot, either. As for the bizarro world villains, when you see the villain behind them, they'll make sense.

I've always liked DD, the character, the abilities, and overall concept.

I just think he's been underrated for so long (that movie really didn't help either), that it's hard to get him out of that rut.

The opening of the story and attention to detail in the art has me looking forward to this series

Plus, when he finally got the limelight (Shadowland), the story and concept was truly awful.

DD doesn't suit huge great super-powered wars.

Underrated, maybe. But the Bendis/Brubaker runs added up to years of great DD. I'm just amazed things went so south so quickly after Brubaker left.

+1, I thought the same thing