• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STUPID Statement of the day....

32 posts in this topic

has anyone ever seen an auction stating "CGC not CGG"? instead of the reverse!? confused-smiley-013.gif

yes.

I have seen more outspoken people against CGG than CGC.

My point is this....REMOVE comics from the equation. Lets do this with a used car. Would you buy a car from a guy that said:

"I am selling a 1999 Corvette given 8.5 stars by Road & Track

As we all know, a 9.0 star rating from Road & Track is easily the equivalent of a 9.2 star rating from Car & Driver. A 9.2 star Road & Track rating is better than a 9.4 from Car & Driver."

WTF?!?!?!...it makes you sound stupid. Unless you have bought a car under that very same situation...then I am sorry for offending you grin.gif

Who cares what a "third party" says about any book..? I don't!!!

Why do you guys get a hard on when someone in Florida puts your book in a plastic container and then tells YOU what the grade is...?

I think most of you are on some freaky ego trip with your 8.8 and 9.0 amd 9.2 and your 9.4's!!! What does it really matter...?? Does it make you the "big guy" on the block to have a book someone else told you was a 9.2 or 9.4.

It sems rather vain to me.

Can't we just collect books for the sake of the love of the medium..?? The artist, the writer, the charactor even...????

All this CGC [!@#%^&^] is doing is drawing all of us into the paranoia of a "pure" book!!

Comics should be decided on between the buyer and seller......CGC, or anyone else, is a waste of yout hard earned money and time!!!

Sorry to rant, but I just can't take it anymore due the constant assinine threads about comics.

Do you guys like the hobby or just the money you spend so you can "brag" about it. Do the real comic book collector a favor and collect cars or buy stocks........................

P.S. I will say most people are very knowledgable about books and always enjoy reading about books, but I'm sick of this "grade-feeding frenzy""

Glenn

AND it's all about the number, not what is in the case. THE NUMBER.

Contrary to what most of us say, it's all about THE NUMBER.

THE NUMBER = THE PRICE = THE PROFIT 893whatthe.gif

NOW, let's talk about this stack of 40 books I'm sending off to

3PG tomorrow just for schitz and giggles.. wink.gif

This comic has a dust shadow on the back cover that runs from side to side on the top, the width and is 1/2" in width so how can it be in the NM grade. I really don't think this company has a clue what they are doing. I want to get rid of it and its sold as is .

That's Jeff Williams; I've bought from him quite a bit. If he doesn't like CGG's grading on this dust shadow, then he would probably be made physically ill by this 9.4 grade CGC gave:

804044005o.jpg 804044005r.jpg

This comic has a dust shadow on the back cover that runs from side to side on the top, the width and is 1/2" in width so how can it be in the NM grade. I really don't think this company has a clue what they are doing. I want to get rid of it and its sold as is .

That's Jeff Williams; I've bought from him quite a bit. If he doesn't like CGG's grading on this dust shadow, then he would probably be made physically ill by this 9.4 grade CGC gave:

804044005o.jpg 804044005r.jpg

Now that's hard to justify... confused.gif

Were is the Green Label when you need it?

I just cracked open my second CGG book and thought the grade was accurate (8.0), it certainly was not undergraded. However, I was somewhat alarmed by the fact that the POSTS DID NOT BREAK when I cracked opened the slab!! 893whatthe.gif

I just cracked open my second CGG book and thought the grade was accurate (8.0), it certainly was not undergraded. However, I was somewhat alarmed by the fact that the POSTS DID NOT BREAK when I cracked opened the slab!! 893whatthe.gif

posts didn't break?

I've found CGG to be tougher as well, so I don't regard it as a stupid statement to say so, since that's been a common experience among those who've made the comparison. And I also find that the holder is a bit heavier. But the comment about the posts is alarming.