• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOHN TOTLEBEN signature series op

279 posts in this topic

All board members interested in JOHN TOTLEBEN! Please have books to me by Tuesday September 6th! (Next week)

Be sure to put your BOARD NAME and real name on the book.

I get pkgs from you guys and have no idea what your screen name is when you only give me your real name.

Please PM me with any questions.

So, are they on the way back from CGC yet....?

:shy:

I'm not a SUPER big SS guy...

...but I cannot tell you how excited I am by this. John Totleben, to me, is like McFarlane, or John Byrne, or Frank Miller is to others. The books came from my collection, copies I'd owned for years. :cloud9: I nearly always get MY books signed. I think I've bought maybe 2 SS books that weren't my book...there's just something about having the book come from your collection...

You cannot open the pages of Swamp Thing #53 and be unmoved by his linework. You just cannot. Or MM #15. Or Swamp Thing #60.

Etc.

mmmm. I cannot wait. I'm giddy, like schoolgirl.

Slight update.

I really want to put this out there....that one of the coolest things that I've had the good fortune of being able to do since I've started these ops, is having the opportunity to foster relationships with some of these creators.

Since beginning the Totleben signing op, John and I have been on the phone chitchatting, at length a few times. He called a few weeks ago with some questions on sketches, which led to an hour of just really great conversation.

Yesterday we spoke for almost an hour---about his art, his tools and techniques, his health, things in general. And at one point in the conversation we start talking about the sketches that he's been doing on some of the books for you guys.

And he's telling me about the pens he's using, and one of them being a special white paint pen....and how the covers themselves really don't lend themselves out to so much "real-estate" for drawing...but he's been able to "create" the room he needs with these pens.

And the sketches are much more detailed then what we're used to, more then likely.

So I asked John if he had time, would he mind sending me a few pics..?

Well, I've got a few to show off to you guys...in about 10 min...they are simply awesome. I mean, really...words can't describe what you're going to see.

Enjoy.