• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monday Madness!

294 posts in this topic

"If it's an isolated incident, then yes. If it's a repeated pattern of behavior over a considerable period of time then you can have a fairly accurate gauge of a person's personality based upon what they post, and the manner of their postings, while online." 100% correct. Posting those jokes above in an isolated incident is a little funny and would probably be accepted. Now let's say I created an entire thread dedicated to posting funny jokes at women's expense, would that be ok or would it be demeaning?

It's my opinion that this hobby should make a special effort to encourage more women to join it.

What would you suggest that hasn't been tried over the last 40-50 years? BTW, a LOT of women / girls do read comics....they just happen to be Japanese Manga.

Be courteous to them when they join message boards. Dont call them names & attack them personally when they do & say things with which you disagree or find objectionable in any way.

As for all people, both men & women alike, I would further suggest that we should applaud those willing to take unpopular & controversial public positions knowing that they will face scorn in doing so.

In my opinion, that kind of individual bravery is rare, bold, & admirable.

I don't disagree.

I hope you extend some of that admiration to Cal.

When does that same admiration get extended to everybody...?

hm

"If it's an isolated incident, then yes. If it's a repeated pattern of behavior over a considerable period of time then you can have a fairly accurate gauge of a person's personality based upon what they post, and the manner of their postings, while online." 100% correct. Posting those jokes above in an isolated incident is a little funny and would probably be accepted. Now let's say I created an entire thread dedicated to posting funny jokes at women's expense, would that be ok or would it be demeaning?

It's my opinion that this hobby should make a special effort to encourage more women to join it.

What would you suggest that hasn't been tried over the last 40-50 years? BTW, a LOT of women / girls do read comics....they just happen to be Japanese Manga.

Be courteous to them when they join message boards. Don’t call them names & attack them personally when they do & say things with which you disagree or find objectionable in any way.

As for all people, both men & women alike, I would further suggest that we should applaud those willing to take unpopular & controversial public positions knowing that they will face scorn in doing so.

I don't disagree.

I don't read Cal's posts. :sorry:

BTW, is Cal a female?

There are people on COI's praise list whom he praises for their consistent level-headedness and articulateness...who I think are total wackjobs, utterly bereft of the ability to reason (and I'm not the only one.)

:applause:

So...are we still waiting on whatever was going to happen on Monday?

Or is it supposed to be NEXT Monday? I get my weeks confused.

Monday has passed and the Portuguese Peter is in the penalty box.

Monday has passed and the Portuguese Peter is in the penalty box.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. :eyeroll:

Be courteous to them when they join message boards. Don’t call them names & attack them personally when they do & say things with which you disagree or find objectionable in any way.

I don't disagree.

I don't read Cal's posts. :sorry:

BTW, is Cal a female?

na, he's a neuter...after all I think he works in Hollywood