• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Stu Rader

44 posts in this topic

In my defense that is what I was told.My dad swears that is what Johnny told him.

Im glad thing are getting back to semi normal for you and Cat

Looking forward to seeing you again.

My best always

Dennis

When Uncle Johnny gets to talking fast *anything* can happen.

We are going to be making another trip to check on my Mom in a couple months. When we do we are going to head up to OR put my Dad's ashes in the family cemetery so we look forward to seeing you, and the rest of the clan. I'll give you a call once we get unpacked and settled back in.

Hey Mike, I'll be calling you in a day or two also. What's this about a sex change? I hope you at least donated that beard to Locks of Love.

I neglected to thank everybody for their kind words about me. It's not everybody that gets to attend their own demise. You all really put a smile on my face when smiles were Gerber 10s for me. THANKS!!! :cloud9:

:blush:

Thanks SO much to everybody for your condolences. You have all proved that this place has some truly awesome people. When my 2nd cousin (my Dad's cousin), Dennis - TheShadowKnows, wrote of my demise it came as a bit of a shock since I realized that I had not taken the time to put on clean underwear when I went.

Losing my Dad has really blindsided me since I guess I always held on to that kiddie notion that Dad's are all-knowing, and immortal. Thankfully he was one of my best friends and we were on the phone pretty much daily talking about comics and coins (I know, I know...) and getting our morning laughs in. I know it is an often overused cliche but please tell your loved ones how much they mean to you every chance you get because once they are gone it's like a swift kick to the nads that doesn't really let up.

It took a whole month to get all of his affairs in order, and ensure that my Mom was as well as could be for now, at least until we can convince her to move back here to be near us in Sioux Falls. Now to get back to the "normal" life playing with, and flipping comics.

You all are top-of-the-line! THANKS SOOO MUCH!! My Dad would have gotten the biggest thrill reading this thread and we would have had that much more to talk about in our next call.

322488_258852534134756_100000300343191_951373_6662565_o.jpg

287582_1856534105665_1610246594_1579858_7967090_o.jpg

Those are two great images. Continued condolences and prayers for you and your family, Jeff.