• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT Question. Bebop and Rocksteady....

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a clue as to which comic Bebop and Rocksteady first appeared in? I know they first debuted in the cartoons, but what comic did they grace with their first appearnce? Brownie points to whoever can answer this really obscure TMNT question for me :)

I believe it was TMNT Adventures #1, as I don't recall them being in the original series.

But I've not read the entire original series, so I may be wrong.

Sorry for the necro bump but I've been getting this question a lot lately and I feel it's relevant . I had to read and flip through the issues to find out because there is a lot of misinformation concerning this first appearance and I just had a buddy buy a stack of the wrong issues..

Rocksteady and Bepop's first appearance is Archies TMNT mini-series #1 from the 3 issue mini series

They appear as Humans in several pages, and the plot is essentially focused around them becoming mutants however we don't see 'mutant' Rocksteady and Bepop until issue #2 of the miniseries.

This 3 issue miniseries is essentially the first appearance of the Technodrome, cartoon Krang, and Bepop/Rocksteady.

Don't be confused with the archie regular series, several specuators bought up my stock of 1 and 2 online this weekend but it was the wrong series!

While you are at it, be on the look out for the new Bepop and Rocksteady destroy everything miniseries!

Thank you!  I wa

On 5/3/2016 at 12:57 PM, sonicyouth said:

Sorry for the necro bump but I've been getting this question a lot lately and I feel it's relevant . I had to read and flip through the issues to find out because there is a lot of misinformation concerning this first appearance and I just had a buddy buy a stack of the wrong issues..

Rocksteady and Bepop's first appearance is Archies TMNT mini-series #1 from the 3 issue mini series

They appear as Humans in several pages, and the plot is essentially focused around them becoming mutants however we don't see 'mutant' Rocksteady and Bepop until issue #2 of the miniseries.

This 3 issue miniseries is essentially the first appearance of the Technodrome, cartoon Krang, and Bepop/Rocksteady.

Don't be confused with the archie regular series, several specuators bought up my stock of 1 and 2 online this weekend but it was the wrong series!

While you are at it, be on the look out for the new Bepop and Rocksteady destroy everything miniseries!

Thank you.  First Krang too?   i was wondering why TMNT  adventures 1 was going so high.

Edited by Wolverinex