• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are "acid-free" backing boards truly acid-free? Part 2

151 posts in this topic

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW OFTEN WILL I HAVE TO CHANGE E. GERBER BOARDS. I know E. Gerber is better. I just wanna know how long till i have to replace the boards. I've never put them down. All I said that it is nice that BCW is trying to answer your questions. You may not like there product but at least they are willing to answerer any questions from you. Thats all I'm getting at.

Ok, since you've backed down on your demand that an E Gerber representative address your issues in this thread, here's a serious 'answerer'.

Nobody knows for certain, because a controlled long-term (decades-long) study of the preservation of hundreds of comics stored in mylar with E Gerber backing boards has never been conducted. In the attempts to model long-term comic aging using heat, the E Gerber board retained it's near full buffering capacity after a simulated 20 years of aging, and was clearly superior to the BCW product.

Hey lizards2, do you ever have anything worth saying?
Yes! I'll wait while you google it :thumbsup:

Hey lizards2, do you ever have anything worth saying?
Yes! I'll wait while you google it :thumbsup:
2Lizards.jpg

While waiting for our buddy, I did, and this is all I came up with: :cry:

namisgr, you are smart and I hope you realize we are on the same side and I want to buy gerber. I just want to know if I ever have to change the boards. My original post was neutral between BWC and Gerber to try and find out which is better. lizards2 you are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

ok, last post, bcw sucks and gerber is awesome

I thought this thread was over???

Probably Monday :cool:

I wish lizards2 lived next to me, i would re create high school for him
Threats of violence :cloud9: