• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paypal help

4 posts in this topic

if i sent an ebay seller a payment through paypal for an auctioned item, and i don't recieve my item, what can i do? do i have the option of filing for a chargeback even though i sent payment from a paypal balance (not funded through a credit card)? i know as a seller you have an option to refund a payment for up to 30 days, but i've never seen any options for buyers who may be getting took by a fraud seller.

i would greatly appreicate if anyone with experience in such situations could offer advice.

What you do is file an investigation via the Paypal website...they will investigate and the seller must provide proof that the item was sent...if the seller is unable to do so then in all likelyhood your money will be refunded...

That's a good question. To be honest, it seems like you shouldn't have a problem getting your money in such a situation, but I can't say for certain as its never happened to me as a buyer. Any way you look at, its likely going to be a hassle.

I have always wondered though what would happen if the seller takes off with your money and leaves their PayPal account dry -- what does PayPal do in that kind of situation? Do they dig down in their pockets and absorb the loss to protect the buyer, or do they renag, and start quoting verse to verse from their rules and policies handbook?