• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics are way underpriced ?

252 posts in this topic

The only other one I stocked up on heavily is the 1st appearance of Hack/Slash. It's picked up but is hopefully underpriced.

What issue is that? I tried the book and didn't like it, but I do admit that the book has the potential to appeal to even people outside comics who don't mind reading bad comics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HACK-SLASH-1-DDP-1st-Cassie-and-Vlad-NM-9-4-/350482249262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519a5eb62e#ht_2162wt_922

Detective Comics 29, second cover appearance of Batman
This is the "underpriced" thread. I could sell everything I won and not get a copy..

Compared to the fact that Tec 27 will go for a million dollars.

This is the "underpriced" thread. I could sell everything I won and not get a copy..

Then by theory ASM #1 is underpriced when compared to AF15. :baiting: Its all crazy money for comic books!

Then by theory ASM #1 is underpriced when compared to AF15. :baiting: Its all crazy money for comic books!

A more valid comparison would be Tec 27 and 29 vs Action 1 and 7

Action 7 is worth more than Tec 29 in the same grade although is rarer to be fair, and is the 7th appearance of Supes but second cover appearance.

But I agree it's crazy money for paper stapled together

X-men 1

I never understand why its basically worth half as much as ASM1 (shrug)

X-men are pretty much just as popular as Spidey at this point and it's their actual 1st appearance(and magneto's) unlike ASM1.

X-men 1

X-men are pretty much just as popular as Spidey at this point and it's their actual 1st appearance(and magneto's) unlike ASM1.

X-men 1 compares favourably to Daredevil 1 which is a 1st appearance/1st appearance comparison of similarly "popular" characters. meh

If you want to compare ASM 1 to any other non-first appearance book you really have to compare it to second appearance or first issue of a DC character like Superman/Batman since Marvel doesn't have any other heroes that measure up in popularity.

X-men 1

X-men 1 compares favourably to Daredevil 1 which is a 1st appearance/1st appearance comparison of similarly "popular" characters. meh

If you want to compare ASM 1 to any other non-first appearance book you really have to compare it to second appearance or first issue of a DC character like Superman/Batman since Marvel doesn't have any other heroes that measure up in popularity.

You think Daredevil and the X-men have "similar popularity"?!?!?

Please, please, PLEASE send me some of what you're smoking! :wishluck:

X-men 1

lol The "franchise" may be more popular but Daredevil alone is more popular than any single character introduced in X-men 1.

First appearance of a 1st tier title with 3rd tier characters is more popular/valuable because it is #1 issue of the "franchise" - no one brags about having the first appearance of Iceman.

:baiting:

X-men 1

lol The "franchise" may be more popular but Daredevil alone is more popular than any single character introduced in X-men 1.

First appearance of a 1st tier title with 3rd tier characters is more popular/valuable because it is #1 issue of the "franchise" - no one brags about having the first appearance of Iceman.

:baiting:

true, but still the 1st appearance of Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean grey AND Magneto all rolled into 1 book seems like it should be worth the same or more to me than ASM1 (shrug)

That could also be because i have a X-men 1 and dont have a ASM1 lol

true, but still the 1st appearance of Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean grey AND Magneto all rolled into 1 book seems like it should be worth the same or more to me than ASM1 (shrug)

That could also be because i have a X-men 1 and dont have a ASM1 lol

Important to note is that ASM 1 isn't even the first appearance of SM, and it's still a lot pricier than XM 1. Figure that one out.

That's easy. JACKPOT 4. It came out the same month as PEP 22, both have the first appearance of Archie, yet the Jackpot goes $7500 in NM, the PEP books for $38,000.

+1

Yes, probably the most undervalued and underappreciated of the 3 key early Archie books, to the point where it has almost been completely forgotten about in comparison to both Pep #22 and Archie #1. (thumbs u :cloud9: