• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I missing something on this DD #3 auction?

17 posts in this topic

i was told according to greggy that sborock stated some early subs didn't get page quality notes.

Plitch (Paul Litch) wrote this explicitly in a thread in the "Comics General" forum a few years ago. I would go search for it, but searching for and providing a link to a specific thread five times is my limit...and I'm already over my limit on this one. smirk.gif

Shouldn't there be a notation about page quality on the label of this Daredevil #3?

Daredevil 3 Ebay auction

Steve told me in San Diego that the early subs did not have the page quality unless the PQ was lower than what would be normally expected in the grade. However, dealers and collectors requested that the PQ be put on for all books so they did! thumbsup2.gif

What does "normally expected" mean???
I don't know if they have changed their standards from the beginning but each grade has the minimum PQ that is allowed before it is bumped down.

From what I have seen:

10s can have OWW pages

9.9 can have OW pages

9.8s can have COW pages

9.6s can have COW pages

9.4s can have COW pages

Mark Haspel said that 9.4s can't have solely "cream" pages but FF said that he has seen one with "cream" pages notated. This may or may not be one of the early ones. confused-smiley-013.gif

Mark Haspel said that 9.4s can't have solely "cream" pages but FF said that he has seen one with "cream" pages notated. This may or may not be one of the early ones. confused-smiley-013.gif

It was an early one...it was an FF #8 CGC 9.4 with cream pages that sat on Jay Parrino's site for most of late 2000 and most of 2001 before it sold to Mark Wilson, who re-sold it on ebay. I've also seen a Spidey #13 CGC 9.4 sometime in 2001 or 2002 with cream pages but have no idea when it was graded.

Gross! tongue.gif If the price is right...
What's so gross about it? Cream pages aren't that bad...I've seen some books from the early 1990s with cream pages. Here's an example of what I think CGC means by the various whiteness levels (not sure how well this will look on different people's monitors with different brightnesses):
White pages

w.jpg

Off-White to White pages

ow-w.jpg

Off-White pages

ow.jpg

Cream to Off-White pages

cr-ow.jpg

It was an early one...it was an FF #8 CGC 9.4 with cream pages that sat on Jay Parrino's site for most of late 2000 and most of 2001 before it sold to Mark Wilson, who re-sold it on ebay. I've also seen a Spidey #13 CGC 9.4 sometime in 2001 or 2002 with cream pages but have no idea when it was graded.

The CGC 9.4 JLA #2 was also solely cream pages.