• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Who Returns

84 posts in this topic

Was it just me, or did last week's episode, The Girl Who Waited(or something like that), have a Sophie's Choice moment at the end? (shrug)

Yes, it did. And it was the best Dr Who episode in a long time. Karen Gillan's performance as 'old Amy' was terrific.

Man, I hate the time travel episodes.

:roflmao:

Come on, Doc. Level with me, was that unintentional, ironic or are you just tired?

I also HATE time travel episodes in any other form of science fiction, (I'm looking at you, minimum wage Star Trek writers) but this is a show about....

You watching it tonight?

Watched it and enjoyed it.

Unfortunately it was another episode in the series where motivations weren't fully explained. I don't know if you get Dr Who Confidential in the US but over here it is broadcast straight after Who on another BBC channel and you need to watch that to fully understand some of the finer details of each show

minor spoiler for the new episode ... I liked how the door was door #11 (11th doc & all) I wonder what he saw

I would expect it's one of those things that is never explained - like way back in the early DT episodes where he mentions that he had a child or who that woman was at that end of DT's run.

minor spoiler for the new episode ... I liked how the door was door #11 (11th doc & all) I wonder what he saw

I liked that too- and Matt Smith is doing a wonderful job of playing an old man in a young man's body. He grows on me more and more with every single episode.