• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kris Moore is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

189 posts in this topic

as far as comic creators go, this was the pinnacle, because Ditko will never be approved, so he will never be an SS. Therefore Moore was the biggest of the white whales, and this is coming from a pretty good whale hunter !

i am sitting here and thinking, who else is left?

elvis has left the building.

This is another reason why I was sort of surprised that not more people jumped on my John Totleben op ---I expected those slots to be gone faster then Platt.

Maybe people forget or don't realize...Totleben was the key artist on TWO major Alan Moore titles...both Miracleman and Swamp Thing.

And JT does not EVER do any shows or appearances due to his health. :shrug:

To me, as collector, fan, and s/s ....Totleben was 2nd only to Alan Moore as far as the "gets" are concerned. Moore is the white whale, Totleben is every bit the great white shark. Good luck realing in either fish...they are both kings and legends!

If Totleben had ever worked on a Marvel book things would be different.

I know what you mean Rich...we all have our preferences on who are top "gets" in this hobby....

I know for years people have been trying to get Totleben and I also was shocked that more people have not been jumping on it...There are so many rare artist and writers out there that people desire....some big names, some smaller, but ALL have made impact on our lives int here own ways.....

I know that for most, the S/S pecking order would go: Steve Ditko, Alan Moore and for the next few...I would have to say Texeira, Bendis, Golden and Kirkman and other rare sigs.....

Some are pipe dreams, some might come true sooner than you think.....

But thanks to people like you Rich, Brian and Kris, here hoping that maybe we can get recluses Stan Lee or Jim Lee or WWF/WWE Wrestling Legend Virgil to sign some books one day....

Or even Celebrities like Brian was talking about, Lou Ferrigno or Tom Savini may be harder to get to than the Land of Oz but that does not mean that we should stop trying......Here is to you all!!!!

Incredible perseverance, gents!

Can't wait to read how all this came about and see what goods were signed!

This all came about because Kris Moore and Alan Moore are related....can't you see the resemblance in the photos. It's in the eyes!

By the way I agree, Kris is the king!

I really want to hear the story of how this came down from Kris!

Is Alan as nutty as they say?

No, cant you tell from photos? Perfectly normal.

No I will tell the wole account tomorrow. He is not nutty at all

lol

No I will tell the wole account tomorrow. He is not nutty at all

Can't wait for the story and congrats on the amazing accomplishment! (worship)

I am sorry I was unaware that Lloyd found the signing, contacted the store, purchased my plane ticket, had joe pierson approve the signing, packed the books, prepped the books, filled out the paperwork, paid for his and his friends bus tickets. Lets not forget the markers or all that time I waited in line.

I guess you are right Lloyd is the SS god now.

You are out of you mind. Lloyd and his friends helped and they did a great job. But to say it would have never happened shows how little you know about me or the signing.

Don't ever address me on this forum or in PM. Don't ever ask for my services.

Adonis you just showed your ignorance.