• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT RIP William T (Bill) Trojan

5 posts in this topic

On sunday afternoon Bill Trojan left this earth.Im sure he is now in a dc alternant world with all the comics he loved.

Bill was well known in the pulp and paperback book community.He was also on ebay as escapebooks and bookmaw.

He ran Escape while there is still time bookstore for many years.

He went out on one of his best days.Shopping for books at the world science fiction convention in Reno.He told the promoters that this was the perfect show.He had no complaints.And if you knew Bill this was the ultimate compliment.

I will miss our conversations about politics,the economy.Many a spirited conversation. have been heard on seventh in Eugene.

I will miss you Bill.Despite your prickly ways at times I always considered you a friend.

No more pain.Rest in peace.

Dennis

My condolences, Dennis. I didn't know Bill personally, only through the few interactions I had with him at your shop. Quite a collector who seems to have, if there is such a thing, died at the right place doing what he loved. Godspeed, Bill.

I am extemely sad to hear this news - I had just exchanged emails with Bill on Friday (he was excited to be at WorldCon) - I had asked him a question about an old pulp fanzine, and he had issues of MAGIC CARPET and ORIENTAL STORIES that I was interested in buying.

I had known Bill for only less than a year (we first met at the L.A. Collectors Show), but his pulp knowledge - and willingness to help and impart information - was just amazing.

Despite the somewhat crusty exterior, I found Bill to be honest and refreshing to chat with.

And speaking of amazing, he once emailed a list of his pulp collection to me, and it was rather extensive. I hope that his estate is properly handled, and my sincere condolences to his friends and family.

:(

Thank you for your response.That was Bill to a t.Crusty at times for sure but a genuine guy at the same time.

The pulps are in good hands.There were transfered today to another friend of mine Twenty two boxes of pulps..Bill had left them,along with his artwork,to him in his will.Im afraid those pulps are somewhat like a Nik book now.

This week has been horrible for me.The mailman brings in more packages addressed to Bill to my shop.Its hard to look at them without swallowing hard a couple times.

Here's a brief story into the kind of person Bill was:

At the last L.A. Collectors Show, a new seller showed up with a batch of raw pulps, mostly 1930's Weird Tales with Brundage covers.

Bill not only provided honest advice as far as the pricing and popularity of the individual pulps, he also gave this new seller enough mylites to slip the pulps into so as to make them more attractive to buyers.

So Bill was helping out a competing seller at the show.

He later provided me with the same sage advice, and so I met with the seller during the following week. I took Bill's input to heart and bought a stack of the Weird Tales that he had recommended. His advice was spot on, and I'm glad that I made the purchase.

Again, I had only known Bill Trojan for a short time, but he made a big impact on me.

RIP sir...