• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YANCYSTREETCOMICCON TAMPA BAY AREA!

37 posts in this topic

I set up at the show. No pics sorry. Couple guest didn't show up and crowd was, meh.

Sorry to hear, but I guess it's not unexpected. Timing for this new show was terrible (the weekend before Christmas, really?). And I'd get out of the Minnreg ASAP, that place is a pit. I wish the promoters all the luck in the world, but I'm skeptical that the Tampa Bay area can support two seperate and distinct local comic shows, especially with both moving to a two-day format. There just isn't enough money floating around down here to go around and keep everyone satisfied.

The turnout was not what we expected, to be honest. Just under 400. Chuck Dixon got sick, and Don Hillsman got stranded. Saw some amazing sketches, and many dealers reported awesome sales! Everyone had a good time, and we'll do it again....April 14th and 15th. We decided to do the one day show in December to get one in before the new year. The atm machine had to be refilled as it spit out $6,000 during the con. Our April guest list will surprise many. Can the area support two cons? we'll see. But in the meantime, both shows will continue to step up their games, and the fans will win! We'll all just have to sit back and see what 2012 brings!

Happy holidays everyone!

Looks like another show, unrelated to Yancy or the long running Tampa show is popping up as well?

Largo show at Minnreg on 3/18, 2 weeks after the Tampa show I think. Appears area is being worked over, not a well to do area, echo that there is only so much cash floating around and multi shows will be cannibilizing same pie. (Mmm pie)

Looks like another show, unrelated to Yancy or the long running Tampa show is popping up as well?

Largo show at Minnreg on 3/18, 2 weeks after the Tampa show I think. Appears area is being worked over, not a well to do area, echo that there is only so much cash floating around and multi shows will be cannibilizing same pie. (Mmm pie)

Info?

The timing of these is not real good. There's three months in a row where you have Megacon, TampaCon, and then Yancy (Feb, Mar, Apr) and then nothing until fall (unless I'm mistaken).

Why nothing in the summer?

Good lord. That's over-overkill.

I usually like to make it to all the shows, but I'm going to have to pick one or two of the four. It's not going to be that cfcollectibles show. I'll likely hit Megacon and whichever has better guests between the Yancycon and Tampa. If one is in the Minnreg building, that's a strike against.

You can always count on me to be at MegaCon and FloridaSuperCon. Decision to attend any other Florida shows is based soley on the guest list. I attended the past two TampaComicCon's due to the quality of their comic guests. I also couldnt pass up another chance of getting a sketch by Jim Cheung at YancyStreet.