• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

Since Desert Wind Comics is not responding to any PMs and emails for a long time, I started this thread to ask you for help.

I've sent in for the last McFarlane SS opportunity (begin of this year) a few Bats to Desert Wind. I received an email, that all comics have been graded and ready to ship back to me, to Austria.

But I wasn't really happy with the grade of my Batman 423 CGC 9.8 SS by Starlin. It came back with 9.6. So I asked Desert Wind to send it again to CGC to let it regrade.

Chandler agreed to that and said that he would send me an invoice, since that they are not responding to any PM or email.

I know, that they are busy, but I've paid $760 and I'm now waiting for a couple of months for this comics.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Wait for DWC to get back to you.They have the invoice number.Not much anyone else here can do for you.

You might want to call CGC, but more than likley they will also need the invoice number.

Good luck.

If you have an invoice number, call cgc. And what did you pay $700 plus for?

I've sent in 6 CGC Comics to get McFarlane Signatures and 2 Batman Blanks to get a Tim Sale sketch and Bruce Timm sketch on them.

Chandler and Sharon are wonderful ( albeit busy) people. You may just need to follow-up with a call or email to get the CGC invoice number. Then you can call CGC and wait for your books to be graded. Good luck with them.

If it werent for them, I never would have gotten my 9.9

I am sure they are flooded with tons of Pms and emails everyday, try calling them. Phone: 702-592-4792.

I've found it's usually easier to get in touch with them during the week. If I was you I wouldn't worry though. Keep in mind CGC is backed up with all the submissions they've taken in this convention season.

So does CGC or Desert Wind Comics have my Comics?

I have the invoice number, but as I said, I want to let one or two comics regrade, because there were before 9.8 and are now 9.6.

I have the invoice number, but as I said, I want to let one or two comics regrade, because there were before 9.8 and are now 9.6.

Grade drops are always possible when getting them signed. I'd be hesitant to re-grade them

2c

yes, so it is possible to get a 9.8 back again, isn't it?
Yes it is. If you do have them re-subbed for grading though they'll get sent to the back of the line. Whatever the wait time is, they'll be gone that much longer. I think CGC is about two or three weeks behind schedule right now.

Is the invoice number you have for your original submission or the book you wanted regraded? I'm assuming your concern is for the lone regraded book since you already know the grades of your other books.

If Chandler already charged you for the regrade attempt then CGC should have it (or at the very least its on its way to them). Also assuming the payment you made to Chandler went through then CGC will send the books directly to you rather than sending them back to DWC to in turn send to you. From my experience Chandler won't charge you until he's sent your books off.

Once you have the invoice numbers call CGC and they should be able to give you tracking numbers to your book(s) if the grading process is complete.

Like the others have said, DWC is a very reliable group but they do get very very busy so its not surprising that your PMs/emails haven't been answered. Give Chandler a call and get your new invoice number from him. He's a good guy and will take care of you.

Also I'd be hesitant to do a regrade.. while its possible that they will regrade back to a 9.8 there is still a significant chance that they were "weak" 9.8s and during the signing process they turned into 9.6. Ive had that happen to me more than a couple of times.

If you have enough patience you could always wait for another signing event and get the books signed by an additional creator or get a sketch on them or something and do the regrading process then.