• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

Okay the 6th....no er 7th...wait 8th......... I mean the 24th....huh, no books yet? Check back Jan 2013.
Just based on the number of people that have posted in this thread wondering about the status of their submissions I think it would be safe to say they're going to have quite a few customers to contact. That doesn't account for the time it will take to look up the customers invoices, contact CGC (in cases where it applies) and respond to the email/phone call. These things all take time and there's only so much of it in a day.

:news: Ummm... Tomorrow is Friday. Everyone take a weekend breather from Comics and the boards. Come back Monday refreshed and in better moods. :news:

I feel like I am watching the Gladiator Movie, a few people on a Roman Colosseum floor fighting to the death (facilitators and their customers), while the crowd ( the forum ) yelling die as they point their thumbs down.

:news: Ummm... Tomorrow is Friday. Everyone take a weekend breather from Comics and the boards. Come back Monday refreshed and in better moods. :news:

I feel like I am watching the Gladiator Movie, a few people on a Roman Colosseum floor fighting to the death (facilitators and their customers), while the crowd ( the forum ) yelling die as they point their thumbs down.

6e6207ea-5894-435d-9088-267cf5edef78.jpg

How many of you complainers will send money for the next big signing? all of you.
I'm not.
I will use them again, and again, probably a few times after as well... The end results have always brought a great big smile on my face... Very big smile... Bring the next one on Sharon.. I gotnothing but time... :popcorn: hello m'ja pass me the hot sauce, this pop-corn is on point!!!!

How many of you complainers will send money for the next big signing? all of you.
I'm not.
I will use them again, and again, probably a few times after as well... The end results have always brought a great big smile on my face... Very big smile... Bring the next one on Sharon.. I gotnothing but time... :popcorn: hello m'ja pass me the hot sauce, this pop-corn is on point!!!!
I'm back... Pop corn is gone, I now need pico de gallo for my corn tortilla chips :popcorn: Jennnnnny!!!! Bring me the diet Pepsi from fridge!

My one experience is from the Simon signing around the time of NYCC. Book was sent in by greggreece to DWC with the form filled out. payment was sent right way based on what pricing fees were.

Had check for status whether the book was received prior to signing via forum PM. got a reply back saying to check using my tracking and that if it says delivered then it must be at their receiving place. that they get plenty of comics in blah blah blah. never went further with this since it was 'delivered' by USPS tracking.

Never received an invoice from them (hence why I asked earlier whether it was sent out automatically or you had to request it. did paying right away after sending the book have to do something with whether you get an invoice or not. maybe?

After reading some threads, people suggested asking for an invoice number so you can track the status of the book with CGC. Sent a request via PM here, and I got a reply back saying that he has no idea who he is talking to, so send an email with the request.

Sent an email but did not receive a reply within 24 hrs. During this time, I mentioned this in the other DWC thread and they sent me another PM telling me that they have no idea who they are talking to and that I need to send an email in with my request.

ultimately, got an email from DWC two days later with the invoice number. and that's it.

So this wall of text explains my experience. I do like the fact that they offer collectors opportunities to get things signed that we normally don't but I believe the customer relations can be better. If great signings open up that I will not get a chance of having done myself, I would still go with them. I won't cross someone out unless they fail to deliver. DWC does deliver (at this time, my final judgement is reserved until I get the book back) but maybe it wasn't up to what I was hoping for.

The problem I see is this:

DWc is trying to run a facilitator service as a company/business, which is virtually impossible.

???

How hard is it to ensure that your customers are aware of what's going on with their books? It's no different than running any other company - if the customer service needs outgrow your company, you either hire more people or stop providing the service.

Of course you do. You guys all love to say something bad about DWC every time you get a chance.

and you love kissing his arse no matter what he does. what's the difference?

Of course you do. You guys all love to say something bad about DWC every time you get a chance.
I think you have a perception bias. I see plenty of posts extolling DWC's help in getting SS books done. But I also see plenty of posts that reflect really shoddy customer service and communication. Personally, I think they have a max # of books they can handle in a professional manner and track. Problem is, they seem to always exceed that number. Maybe they should start saying no a little?