• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*** EleCHRISity *** CLOSED **CLOSED***CLOSED***

59 posts in this topic

i know i just got wrecked on these snipe bids for some avengers/x-men books - didn't realize they all ended at the exact same time - was hoping for at least 15 sec apart - won 2 out of something like 10-12... hey such is life...

ah man, I hate that but at least you got the two. I hate the snipers, they ruin a great mood. There have been so many times where Im counting 3-2- (smiles growing) ----1. You have been outbid! WTF?!? (picks up laptop and almost throws it).

but I have won lots of awesome stuff too, so good with the bad. What'd you pick up?

what looks to be high grade late late 12c and early 15c issues I was missing - 67 was a solo purchase an a group of 5 that included the Red Wolf and what not - beautiful colors and it seems like this guy has been giving away his collection.

missed out on a NM (or close from the scans) X-Men #55 that sold for $55 - wtf - but you are most definitely right! (thumbs u

so close to getting the money to pay off my SDCC order :banana: and just picked up some new Juggernaut keys (up there as one of my :cloud9: books) - I had a nice X-Men #13 (or so I thought) and got taken for a trip on the price and have been unhappy ever since - glad i upgraded!

wasn't unhappy with the price per se, but the initials in sharpie that were what looked to have been an attempt to lick your finger and clean it off under the "X" kind of pissed me off. Now I have a nice "real" 9.0! haha well after i pay off my SDCC order and them, it's mine...

Nice grabs on the 12c and 15centers.

Im looking for Juggernauts too but the prices are ridiculous. Man, Im staying away from SDCC :) too much temptation, all those sexy covers and rarities. I have instead focused on grabbing more Stevens and Schultz. I just picked up a nice collection Stevens cover including a nice looking Planet Comics #1. Now I just need a friend with a cgc account.

Good luck on the hunt man. I got taken a while back on an ASM 300, sold it to me as VF/NM really it was VG FN- at best

wasn't unhappy with the price per se, but the initials in sharpie that were what looked to have been an attempt to lick your finger and clean it off under the "X" kind of pissed me off. Now I have a nice "real" 9.0! haha well after i pay off my SDCC order and them, it's mine...

9.0!?! nice!

I passed on an Iron Fist 14 for 25 bucks, looked like a VF but it had a tiny marker check on the front...I kicked myself for a while on that one

Disregard. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person tonight apparently. Wow."

Tell you what, how about I charge you for two but only send you one ? It'll be a tax write off, donations for people with a serious comic collection problem...what do you say USCMitch? :D

I started to sell of my Stevens (the few I had) and in the process fell in love with the "good girl" style art - love the GFT books, but man - there most definitely is something about his artwork - i'm also falling in love with the '40s pin-up/jungle covers...

never ends - need to get to bed! work in 5 1/2 hours...

quick story about my ASM 300 - my mom and i was waiting in that god awful line at the 1st NYCC with a guy and his wife (very nice people!) and we got talking - we were in line for hours... - he had some of his dad's books that he wanted to get graded (about $600 in fees worth; however many that was) and he seriously mailed me a 7.0ish looking copy out of the blue. I have had better looking copies, but will never get rid of that book! such a cool guy! sad we haven't kept in touch though...

"Rocketeer Adventures Virgin variant VF/NM $12 ea now $10"

do you want a second one? I have you down for one from earlier in the thread :)

doh!

Disregard. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person tonight apparently. Wow.

:sorry:

no you are not - you are a kind man on the hunt for some very nice covers! lol

Disregard. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person tonight apparently. Wow."

Tell you what, how about I charge you for two but only send you one ? It'll be a tax write off, donations for people with a serious comic collection problem...what do you say USCMitch? :D

:roflmao:

Why stop at two? Dream big.

9.0!?! nice!

I passed on an Iron Fist 14 for 25 bucks, looked like a VF but it had a tiny marker check on the front...I kicked myself for a while on that one

i grabbed a copy for $50 - one of the best purchases of my life. all it has is edge wear from a dull blade, besides that flawless!

well enough reminiscing about books i have in the other room and tying up your thread - to all a good night!