• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick my next read/boom/hardcover

29 posts in this topic

Ok So I want something random so I am looking for some suggestions ...

Here are a few things I like if you think it will help ...

Invincible

the walking dead

locke & key

usagi yojimbo

I already read most marvel & dc stuff (so lets stay away from those two) ... like green lantern & avengers type ...

Just looking for something that is different or at least will be new to me ... It also has to be in hardcover format something easy that i can just go pop up on amazon & buy :) Once we get some ideas going I will look through the lists & pick the one that interests me the most or if there is one that keeps on coming up in the suggestions I will simply buy that one (worship)

If you like L&K, try IDW's The Great And Secret Show.

Alternatively, I recently found a heavily reduced copy of Straczinski's Midnight Nation. Really enjoyed it. I remember reading the floppies years ago and had always been out off buying the HC due to the ridiculous price.

Don't think it's HC yet but I just read the first two SCs of Scalped and thought it was good and will be getting others from library. I think they're up to about issue 50-something and 7 SCs.

Think Sopranos on a modern day Indian Reservation.

If you have to have a hardcover book, I recommend the I Kill Giants Titan Edition by Joe Kelly or the Essex County Trilogy by Jeff Lemire. They are both very different and both are fantastic.

I'm guessing you've already read YtLM.

Hellboy Library Edition 1

I like the exact same things that you do so trust me, you can't go wrong with hellboy.

also BPRD vol.1 HC

Have 1-4 Plus the frogs already :)

Hack and Slash from Image/DDP

They movied companies because DDP is going broke.

I would also recommend Annihilation both parts from Marvel if you havent read it.

Already a huge fan of the ann/cosmic stuff :) Trying to stay away from marvel/dc stuff with this topic though since I read most of it already

So far I am liking the ideas of

hack/slash ( though does it only have one hardcover version out so far ?.. I'd hate to get into it & then not be able to get the rest of the series in hardcover format ... )

i kill giants

& tumor (which I may just get anyways since its only $11 & sound great!)