• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick my next read/boom/hardcover

29 posts in this topic

So far I am liking the ideas of

hack/slash ( though does it only have one hardcover version out so far ?.. I'd hate to get into it & then not be able to get the rest of the series in hardcover format ... )

i kill giants

& tumor (which I may just get anyways since its only $11 & sound great!)

x2 I kill giants

The titan edition is really good (the TPB binding was the worst thing I've ever seen though).

So far I am liking the ideas of

hack/slash ( though does it only have one hardcover version out so far ?.. I'd hate to get into it & then not be able to get the rest of the series in hardcover format ... )

i kill giants

& tumor (which I may just get anyways since its only $11 & sound great!)

Those are 2 good picks. (thumbs u

Hack/Slash is collected in 3 omnibus volumes. (I don't believe they are HC bound though. Just giant TPB.)

Volume 1: collects all the one-shots that started the series (there were a lot).

Volume 2: collects issues 1-17 of the Devils Due series and the annual.

Volume 3: collects 18-32. (I don't know if it has other extras, since I picked up the single issues by that point.)

Next comes the My First Maniac mini (4 issues or 1 TPB), then "Me without You" one-shot, then finally the Image series currently ongoing 1-6.

There is also another mini going on currently as well (Hack/Slash/Eva "Monsters Ball"). I wouldn't be surprised if a Volume 4 omnibus is released soon. 2c

I enjoyed "I Kill Giants" as well. Read that in singles. (thumbs u

I have similar tastes to yours.

I don't know if Hack Slash is available in HC, but I tried the softcover omni. It was cute at first, but I quit half way through it. Once you've read one story, they are all the same for Hack Slash.

Personally, you can't go wrong with Usagi Yojimbo. San Sakai is a great artist and story teller. You will not be able to put his books down.

It is already on my list of books I read :) & one of the few I will start buying trades for ... All my other collections type stuff is already in hard cover format & I don't really want to start throwing trades into that is the reason I tend to stick with them... Plus these days hardcovers for the most part are easy & cheap to get & I love how they feel in hand compared to the flimsy feeling trades ... So it looks like its going to be tumor & I kill giants unless something better pops up by next week when I place my order

(worship)