• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay thread: Should I be worried?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all. I bought some comics off the bay, and the auctions ended 22 Aug. I got the tracking number from the seller, but it shows that the package was accepted at the post office in the US on 18 August. I've messaged the seller but he/she has not replied yet. Should I be concerned?

Thanks

James

Have you entered the number on the Royal Mail or Parcelforce website?

If it's been scanned into that system, you can track it there.

Have you entered the number on the Royal Mail or Parcelforce website?

If it's been scanned into that system, you can track it there.

Yeah, I've done that. Parcelforce says "We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. Please note that items sent over 4 months ago cannot be tracked online. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below" and Royal Mail says "There is no data currently available for this tracking reference. Please try again later".

The eBay site gives me a link to USPS which says "Acceptance, 2011-08-18, 15:57:00, BOISE, ID, 83708

Processed through Sort Facility, 2011-08-24, 21:05:00, EUGENE, OR, 97401"

I'm a bit worried... :(

James

Hi all. I bought some comics off the bay, and the auctions ended 22 Aug. I got the tracking number from the seller, but it shows that the package was accepted at the post office in the US on 18 August. I've messaged the seller but he/she has not replied yet. Should I be concerned?

Thanks

James

Sound like he has given you the wrong tracking id.

Presume you paid by PayPal and are covered. If it doesn't turn up it should be an easy case to win as how can he send a package to you before the auction ended and presumably before you paid.

When did you message the seller? Try them again and explain they've furnished you with the wrong tracking number. It's only eight days since you won the auction so it's way too early to be getting worried about an international package.