• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amusing Comic related occurance

4 posts in this topic

I happened to sell my Daredevil #168 9.2 at a recent comic show I attended, so I was left with the hole in my run 158-237ish that I have since decided I wanted to keep ( great read! ).

Anyways I started looking for a replacement copy, but DD 168 seems to go for big bucks in any grade. All I wanted was a reader. I began looking for reprints of the book and found I could acquire a reprint for cheap via Ebay. I bought Elektra #1 1986? on Ebay for a couple of bucks, and paid to have it shipped to me. Got the book but it was shipped in a manilla envelope and jammed into my mailbox. Literally folded in half.

I got into something with the seller via emails about how to properly ship comics that I probably shouldn't have bothered to do, but I don't care if the book is 2 dollars or 2 hundred dollars it should have been packed properly.

Here is the funny part: Months ago ( before I sold the DD 168), I was given a copy of the 70 Years of Marvel Comics trade paper back http://www.amazon.ca/70-Years-Marvel-Comics/dp/0785137432 by a local comic shop for being one of his best clients ( I buy a lot of books ).

I decided to look at it last night and discovered...yes it reprints DD 168! I had the story already! doh!