• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eerie Pub, EC, and Warren related reference book sale

38 posts in this topic

$25 - SOLD

Tales of Terror - The complete compendium, Hardcover Edition

Retail price $39.95

Simply the greatest EC reference book ever made. If you don't have one then you are really missing out.

New and still sealed. Has a small corner ding lower right.

tot.jpg

$25

Tales of Terror - The complete compendium, Hardcover Edition

Retail price $39.95

Simply the greatest EC reference book ever made. If you don't have one then you are really missing out.

New and still sealed. Has a small corner ding lower right.

tot.jpg

:takeit:

$40 - SOLD

Gathering Horror: A Completist Collector's Catalogue and Index for Warren Publishing

Huge and 700 pages!!!

I believe this limited run is sold out. This is copy 106 of 300 and is in mint new unread codition.

Description from another site:

The most comprehensive guide to the complete output of Warren Publishing assembled to date. Famous Monsters, Vampirella, Creepy, Eerie, Help!, Spacemen, Warren Presents, Blazing Combat, Heidi Saha, and so on--it's all here. If you are a Warren Publishing fan, collector, retailer, or historian, or even a collector who specializes only in Famous Monsters or Vampirella, you will consider this definitive resource indispensible.

Written by a collector of more than 40 years' standing who also has nearly 20 years' worth of publishing and editing experience, Gathering Horror for the first time brings together both halves of Warren's publishing identity, giving the first complete overview of all of the company's publications and products, rather than focusing on comics only or monster-related magazines only, as similar publications have tended to do in the past. In addition, this guide attempts to document as thoroughly as possible any and all Warren-related publications from other publishers, both reprint and informational, in a demonstration of the company's impact on the comic book and magazine industries. Through this overview, the outline of Warren Publishing's history becomes revealed as well. (Please note, by the way, that this is a reference catalogue, NOT a sales catalogue, and it also is NOT a price guide--collectible prices fluctuate too dramatically to make any kind of a price guide practical.)

At over 700 pages (yes, that's right--seven hundred pages), 8-1/4" x 10-3/4" trim size, 4-1/2 pounds, and 8 years in the making, Gathering Horror is far more ambitious, thorough, and detailed than such earlier published works as the Warren Companion checklist or Famous Monsters Chronicles. I think I can safely say that no matter how well-versed you are in Warren materials, you will discover something (in fact, many things) in this book that you did not know before.

Within this catalogue, collectors will find the following:

Complete listings of all Warren publications, including full contents, full indicia information, and any relevant historical or background information

A complete listing and description of all Warren-related merchandise

A comprehensive list of publications that reprinted Warren material

The first detailed, comprehensive list of foreign Warren reprint or related publications (nearly 60 pages' worth of information)

An extensive section devoted to books and magazines that included information about Warren Publishing, whether through articles, interviews, checklists, partial reprints, or other means (over 100 pages' worth of information)

Over 100 pages of appendixes, featuring writer, artist, and editor indexes for Warren titles; title indexes for both comics and movie-related magazines; feature indexes for the movie-related magazines ("You Axed For It," etc.); and a Warren chronology featuring issue pub dates, among other things

The photos on this auction page show the following: the book itself, the contents pages, two page spreads from the main Warren section, a page spread from the merchandise section, a page spread from the foreign publications section, two page spreads from the Warren-related section, a page spread from the comics titles index, and a page spread from the FM features index.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

$40

Gathering Horror: A Completist Collector's Catalogue and Index for Warren Publishing

Huge and 700 pages!!!

I believe this limited run is sold out. This is copy 106 of 300 and is in mint new unread codition.

Description from another site:

The most comprehensive guide to the complete output of Warren Publishing assembled to date. Famous Monsters, Vampirella, Creepy, Eerie, Help!, Spacemen, Warren Presents, Blazing Combat, Heidi Saha, and so on--it's all here. If you are a Warren Publishing fan, collector, retailer, or historian, or even a collector who specializes only in Famous Monsters or Vampirella, you will consider this definitive resource indispensible.

Written by a collector of more than 40 years' standing who also has nearly 20 years' worth of publishing and editing experience, Gathering Horror for the first time brings together both halves of Warren's publishing identity, giving the first complete overview of all of the company's publications and products, rather than focusing on comics only or monster-related magazines only, as similar publications have tended to do in the past. In addition, this guide attempts to document as thoroughly as possible any and all Warren-related publications from other publishers, both reprint and informational, in a demonstration of the company's impact on the comic book and magazine industries. Through this overview, the outline of Warren Publishing's history becomes revealed as well. (Please note, by the way, that this is a reference catalogue, NOT a sales catalogue, and it also is NOT a price guide--collectible prices fluctuate too dramatically to make any kind of a price guide practical.)

At over 700 pages (yes, that's right--seven hundred pages), 8-1/4" x 10-3/4" trim size, 4-1/2 pounds, and 8 years in the making, Gathering Horror is far more ambitious, thorough, and detailed than such earlier published works as the Warren Companion checklist or Famous Monsters Chronicles. I think I can safely say that no matter how well-versed you are in Warren materials, you will discover something (in fact, many things) in this book that you did not know before.

Within this catalogue, collectors will find the following:

Complete listings of all Warren publications, including full contents, full indicia information, and any relevant historical or background information

A complete listing and description of all Warren-related merchandise

A comprehensive list of publications that reprinted Warren material

The first detailed, comprehensive list of foreign Warren reprint or related publications (nearly 60 pages' worth of information)

An extensive section devoted to books and magazines that included information about Warren Publishing, whether through articles, interviews, checklists, partial reprints, or other means (over 100 pages' worth of information)

Over 100 pages of appendixes, featuring writer, artist, and editor indexes for Warren titles; title indexes for both comics and movie-related magazines; feature indexes for the movie-related magazines ("You Axed For It," etc.); and a Warren chronology featuring issue pub dates, among other things

The photos on this auction page show the following: the book itself, the contents pages, two page spreads from the main Warren section, a page spread from the merchandise section, a page spread from the foreign publications section, two page spreads from the Warren-related section, a page spread from the comics titles index, and a page spread from the FM features index.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

:takeit:

$15

The Weird World of Eerie Publications: Comic Gore That Warped Millions of Young Minds. Hardcover 340 pages, great history of Eerie Publications.

New and unread

eerie_pubs.jpg

Oh what the heck...looks interesting :takeit:

Great Book My Brutha. Have it, Love it. a steal

$15

The Weird World of Eerie Publications: Comic Gore That Warped Millions of Young Minds. Hardcover 340 pages, great history of Eerie Publications.

New and unread

Sweet :banana:

Luckily for you I passed on that Warren book you picked up. You have no idea how close my finger was to the :takeit: smiley! You'll have to let me know how it is when you get it.

$15

New and unread

Sweet :banana:

Luckily for you I passed on that Warren book you picked up. You have no idea how close my finger was to the :takeit: smiley! You'll have to let me know how it is when you get it.

I was a little late to the party and when I saw those ec books, i knew they were yours. :ohnoez: . I will keep you posted on mine

No more tonight :devil:

btw is anyone else's internet slow tonight, man mine is painful, or is it the boards?

They seem to be fine now (at least on my end) but when you were listing it was slooooooow. So bad that I tried it on another PC to make sure my laptop wasn't just dogging it.

$15 - SOLD

New and unread

eerie_pubs.jpg

UNREAD??!!! Why I oughta...