• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Higher Grade Vintage Sci-Fi Paperbacks (& Hard Covers!)

98 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Unfortunately, yesterday was less productive than I hoped as I didn't have a lot of time to dig. I have a bit more to list right now (including a few hardcovers), but I think the "motherload" is gong to need to wait until next weekend. I will be posting some more tonight, after 8:00 PM ET. Sorry for the wait and thanks for your collective patience.

OK all, first up tonight, a slight change of pace... a hardcover.

Rocket Ship Galileo by Robert Heinlein (1947) True first edition (1st printing) with "A" under publishing info.

galileo-f.jpg

galileo-b.jpg

galileo-int.jpg

Very solid VG+ example with supple interior. No dust jacket. Minor corner bumps and edge wear. Light surface scuff and dents. Very accessible example of one of the most important SF books of the 20th Century.

Priced to move at $150

and another Smith hardcover (probably the last hardcover for tonight):

and Other Dimensons by Clark Ashton Smith (1970) Arkham

other.jpg

Not much to see here. FN example with no dust jacket. Very white and tight on interior.

$75

BTW, there is a guy on abebooks.com selling VG to FN dust jackets of this edition.

Great seller here folks.

He recently sold me this beauty:

Sowers of the Thunder by Robert E Howard (1973) Donald M Grant

This is the first printing, not the 1975 reprint.

sowers.jpg

sowers-b.jpg

Near Fine in Near Fine DJ. Really sharp. Loaded with RGK illos.