• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

av46.jpg

Nice, a post-signature era Silver Age Winnipeg. I don't know exactly when Dennis Kjolso stopped writing his name on the books, but I'm really happy his pen eventually ran out of ink.

Thanks Barton!

Was it Dennis or Joseph Krolic signing them? hm

I'm actually just trying to sound smart since like I said, it came with a COA that explains how this was Dennis Kjolso and Joseph Krolic's collection lol:blush:

Seriously though, it is nice not to have the sig on it! I don't mind the small neat date stamps like Green Rivers or Suscha News have but those Winnipeg sigs are a little annoying even to me. Stuff like that doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as most others so I can only imagine how nuts it makes some people. I can only assume a lot of Ped freaks won't even buy the early autographed Winnipegs.

Blown away by your collection sufunk. I can only imagine, there's a few items in the Heritage Auction currently going that you have your eye on. Hope the auction gods smile upon you.

Thanks!!! :blush:

Pretty much every single one of Doug's Avengers, I would KILL to get! Unfortunately, the VAST majority of them are just way out of my league :sorry:

In just the past few months, I bought my 7.5 #1, 9.4 #2, 9.4 #6, 9.4 #7 and a TON of others. Couple that with a few LARGE personal bills like my kids tuition and some other things and this is about the worst possible time imaginable for maybe the greatest Avengers collection on the planet to go to auction! :frustrated:

I'd love to get them all and still have dreams of hitting the Powerball in the next few weeks but short of that, imgonna have to stick to my plan and target about a dozen that I think I'll have a reasonable chance at and PRAY that I can snag maybe 4-5 of those :wishluck:

:roflmao:

I HOPE that is a joke! On the small chance it isn't, go back a page or two for my most recent discussion of that "beauty"! meh

just read it. haha

yah i'm for sure not a fan of the placement, but man a ayers sig on the #1 would be so legit.

just read it. haha

yah i'm for sure not a fan of the placement, but man a ayers sig on the #1 would be so legit.

I'm not a SS guy at all so it just doesn't do anything for me on any book. Like I said though, even bias aside, I really think Avengers 1 is a HORRIBLE book to SS. It's just not a cover that is conducive to sigs with everything going on IMO. I don't know where the heck you could put a sig much less two on that cover and have it look good. I'm sure hardcore SS guys disagree and I have seen plenty of SS books that I thought looked cool but I've never seen a SS Avengers 1 that I thought the sigs didn't ruin the look of the cover. There's just no good spots for it thee IMO (shrug)

Neal Adams seems to have a good touch for signature placement.....someone had an Avengers 95 SS in the forum a while back. I kind of wish I had gotten it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think you're right about sig placement for sure on Avengers 1. It looks tough. I think people should sign over the title lettering more in general so as not to interfere with the art.

To make up for my gaffe, here's a more normal sale, universal blue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-132-CGC-9-6-OWW-PAGES-MILE-HIGH-II-PEDIGREE-IRON-MAN-/120810277421?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c20da8a2d

not cheap, but maybe you offer into it? or if you're a baller you just snatch it.

ok that one i did do as joke haha

Nice, a post-signature era Silver Age Winnipeg. I don't know exactly when Dennis Kjolso stopped writing his name on the books, but I'm really happy his pen eventually ran out of ink.

Dennis was the inksman, and he stopped signing his books in 1965.

That #46 a real nice old label 9.2.

av46.jpg

Thanks Barton!

Was it Dennis or Joseph Krolic signing them? hm

I'm actually just trying to sound smart since like I said, it came with a COA that explains how this was Dennis Kjolso and Joseph Krolic's collection lol:blush:

Seriously though, it is nice not to have the sig on it! I don't mind the small neat date stamps like Green Rivers or Suscha News have but those Winnipeg sigs are a little annoying even to me. Stuff like that doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as most others so I can only imagine how nuts it makes some people. I can only assume a lot of Ped freaks won't even buy the early autographed Winnipegs.

Funnily enough, a few random earlier Winnipegs escaped the sig. My Avengers # 5 is without sig.

Thats a DAMN nice pedigree #5 you got there also Gaz! :cloud9:

Like i said on the 1st page, PLEASE feel free to post it here. Really, do NOT think you(or anyone else for that matter) are stepping on any toes. I would LOVE to see any and all other Pedigree Avengers that anyone else has. Like i also said though, just be prepared for endless pm's whining for you to sell it to me if you do! lol

Gonna put a HUGE dent in my comics budget for awhile but i couldnt let them slip by me. I still cant believe the 57 stayed low enough that i was actually able to get it. DEFINITELY my all time #1 grail!!! :cloud9:

ap42.jpg

ap52.jpg

ap53.jpg

ap57.jpg

Gonna put a HUGE dent in my comics budget for awhile but i couldnt let them slip by me. I still cant believe the 57 stayed low enough that i was actually able to get it. DEFINITELY my all time #1 grail!!! :cloud9:

ap57.jpg

Nice to see you back. I thought you dropped out of the hobby again after that thread a few weeks ago. lol How many copies do you have of the first Vision? I am going to guess....6. Lower or higher? Nice books! :applause:

Huh? Other than being in the keys last weekend I think I've posted every day brotha.

I only have 2 57's. I just sold my raw last week in my sales thread so now I have this one and my 9.2 although most likely the 9.2 will be gone very soon to help pay for this one. Not that it will help much! :o