• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Was able to grab a couple tonight in the CC auction. There were 2-3 more that i wanted but DAMN did someone else want them more than me as the bidding was ROBUST to say the least :frustrated:

av73SN.jpg

av80SN.jpg

av94SN.jpg

I also got the 9.6 Suscha News 98 from their marketplace after the 9.8 in the CC auction went too high but they removed the image as soon as i hit the BIN price :(

about time you came back to posting on here jason

Tell me about it!

It's been a rough couple months with both my parents in different hospitals in different cities down here but things are FINALLY getting back to normal for me (thumbs u

Someday, someone is going to have to explain to me how a miswrapped 9.8 Avengers 107 is a $500+ book! ???

Yeah, its a cool cover but it aint exactly rare. I really, REALLY wanted that Suscha copy but no way in hell was i paying over 500 beans for it! :preach:

:hi:

You haven't posted your #57 yet. :baiting:

It's a few pages back. I posted it in here on July 26 with the other books I won in the Schmell auction (thumbs u

But is it as awesome in hand as it looks in the scan? :cloud9:

Yeah, its pretty awesome in hand. The 9.8 #52 i got in the same auction is definitely the nicest of the Schmell Pedigree Avengers i got but the 57 is pretty wicked. Definitely a solid 9.8 :cloud9:

The Suscha's look really crisp, fresh and the colors pop. Nothing worse than a high grade book that has a dull look to it.

Definitely!

I know Suscha gets poo pooed as a Pedigree and its hard to argue since it doesn't have the monster SA issues but damn are they nice. You might be the one guy here who has more Suschas than I do Peter so I know you know how freaking awesome they are in hand. They have a ton of wicked miswraps but other than that, they are as nice as any copy you are going to get, especially those late SA early BA books.

I don't care how bad it's miswrapped, ill take a Suscha book over a Savannah any day of the week and twice on Sunday :preach:

I wonder...are there any Pedigree 30 or 35 cent variants?

I'm not sure but I haven't seen any. As far as Avengers go, I'd guess that there aren't any 30 or 35 cent variant Peds. Once you get to that time period, there are VERY few Pedigrees copies at all. You are pretty much down to Western Penn and Winnipeg Pedigrees as far as I know or have been able to find. The earlier issues, there might be like 8-10 different Pedigree copies out there. Once you get to the variant time period, there's probably only 1 or 2 at most so the odds of there being a price variant are pretty slim.

From what I've see even mid grade price variants go for, if a HG Pedigree copy did surface somewhere, I don't even want to know what someone would pay for that!!! :o

Ok, I had to cheat a little :blush:

I'm trying to do issue 1-230 but those later issues are freaking IMPOSSIBLE to find a Pedigree copy of! It's 1,000 times easier to find a Pedigree copy of the 1st 10 issues than it is a Pedigree copy of 200-230!

I had a chance to grab some later issues but they aren't Pedigrees, they are Golden State collection copies. Does that even count? (shrug)

You give up too easy, quiter!

I'm not quitting but I gotta take what I can get!

For those issues over 200, there's a Winnipeg copy and MAYBE a Western Penn or Rocky Mountain. It's hard enough to find ANY slabbed copy of those issues much less a Ped! They just aren't valuable enough to slab unless it's a 9.8. These were pretty cheap so I figured I'd grab them to make do until I can find a true Ped which god knows when will come along. If only Suschas went up to 230 I'd be a happy man!

On a side note, I was having trouble finding an issue 38 and bought the raw Twin Cities copy for pretty cheap. It was advertised as a vf/nm 9.0. I just got it in yesterday and for the life of me can't see how it isnt a 9.4, maybe even 9.6 with a press. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and no way is this thing a 9.0! I'm gonna slab it and cross my fingers it comes back a 9.4 that I got at like 1/5th the price! :wishluck:

I hear yah. I would love to own a bunch of BA FF's that are pedigree copies but they are tough to come by. I do have a bunch of Golden State FF's and actually they are worth getting because they are all ultra sharp. I did sell a few pedigree copies years ago that I regret ever letting go [issues #184, 186, 187?]