• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

o.k., o.k., just a few more....

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

You'll have better luck selling your comics here (or any where for that matter) if you include a grade along with large front and back cover scans.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I guess I will try to get a camera? The comics are excellent or above, alot not ever read. Some have been read through and any tears or crinkles or rusting or fading or brittleness will always be mentioned.

I would get a scanner instead of a camera. A scanner can produce a much better picture of a comic then a camera. You may also consider picking up a copy of the Overstreet Grading Guide in order to learn the grading scale and how to assign a grade to a book. You'll also learn proper (universally accepted) grading terms.

When you say your comics are in "excellent or above", that really means nothing to a collector. "Excellent" is subjective at best and can be misleading at worst. It's not a "grade", but more of a vague opinion. "Very Fine", "Near Mint" and "Very Good" are all actual grades that can be assigned to a comic. There are many other grades, those are just examples. Again, you can learn all of this in the Overstreet Grading Guide.