• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlas revival books, SA Strange Tales, NOW 10% OFF, RECAP pg 5

59 posts in this topic

:news: Recap of the entire thread on Page 5!

:news: Now take 10% off all listed prices!

For this Saturday thread I have a series of books I am selling on consignment. I personally scanned, flipped through, and graded the books myself. A couple have minor resto and will be noted, but most are unrestored as best I can tell. I did my best to grade tightly and on the slightly conservative side. Scans are not color manipulated in any way.

:takeit: in the thread rules, but I will always consider offers via PM on any book or particularly on a package of books. But if someone takes a book in the public thread any PM discussion on a book is over unless I have noted the book sold in the thread. In the event of a tie or near tie between PMs and the thread I'll do the best I can to sort it out, and if you are buying a stack of books that will help me decide!

Payment by Paypal, check, or money order accepted. Checks will have to clear first. If you are international than Paypal is the only way to go.

Shipping in the US will either be cost or $12, whichever is lower. No matter how many books you buy US shipping will not exceed $12. International shipping is at cost to your destination. And because of the recent thread on this subject in General, I will not ship books to a third party. If you buy books from me, I am shipping them to you and then you can do whatever you want with them.

Returns are accepted on raw books at your cost. If the return is because I missed something in my grading then I will also refund your return shipping.

The scans should pretty much show everything, and I will also try to describe any defects that may be less clear in the scans. As always, if you have any questions or concerns about a book just shoot me a PM.

Rawhide Kid #38 - about 5.0 or maybe 5.5 with Red Raven!

Very solid copy, good eye appeal. Main issues are spine and top staple wear and a wrinkle at the top edge. The wrinkle would press out if anyone cared enough. SOLD :news:

RawhideKid38.jpg

RawhideKid38bc.jpg

Men's Adventures #27 CGC 3.0 CR-OW - Captain America, Sub-Mariner and Human Torch stories, 5/1954.

First hero stories in this title, second to last issue. It looks like is has a spine roll but that is really just a miswrap. Very solid book, asking $200

MensAdv27CGC.jpg

Men's Adventures #28 - about a 3.0, maybe a 3.5 on a good day

Solid copy with cover and CF attached at both staples, really nice PQ with tanning halos on covers and pages. Small chip out of bottom edge of front cover. Asking $160

MensAdv28.jpg

MensAdv28bc.jpg

Young Men #26 - about 1.5 or 1.8

Solid, complete book that has wear but presents well. Cover detached, 3” spine split at top and bottom but front and back covers are still attached to each other. 1 piece tape interior cover on tear through the M in the title, tape is in good shape. Some chipping on cover edges, all visible in scan. PQ is fine.

Asking $95

YM26.jpg

YM26bc.jpg

Young Men #28 - about a 2.0

Solid, flat copy with general wear but no major problems. Nice date stamp of "Oct 10 1958" on Torch's chest. Cover and CF attached at both staples, cover a bit loose at bottom staple but it is holding. Book has light moisture staining inside and PQ is decent but pages feel like they could have had light moisture at some point. Some short (1 inch or less) edge tears to back cover, no pieces out.

Asking $115

YM28.jpg

YM28bc.jpg

Strange Tales #101 - Apparent VG

Nice looking VG copy that has some color touch on the blue box and a few other tiny spots along the lower spine and in the S of Strange. Very solid copy that will look good filling the hole in your run. SOLD

ST101.jpg

ST101bc.jpg

Strange Tales #102 - about 4.5-5.0

Very bright copy with nice eye appeal. Light spine and edge wear, upper staple lightly rusted, lower a bit, some minor migration to cover on upper, nice OW-W pages. Asking $80

ST102.jpg

ST102bc.jpg

Strange Tales #117 - about 4.0, looks nicer

General wear, fair bit of NCB wear and bends, NCB dents around Eel’s head (like the cover got hit with a very small object like a blunt pencil point about 10 times, no marks on cover or breakthroughs), light tanning halo inside covers, press would help the book. Top staple is bent but solid.

Asking $17

ST117.jpg

ST117bc.jpg

Strange Tales #119 - about 2.0 but looks better

Water damage on right edge of FC (can see some flaking near Rabble Rouser's left hand with wand), NCB bends & creases to FC, 2 panel Spider-man cameo, full page ad for Avengers #4.

Asking $5

ST119.jpg

ST119bc.jpg