• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider Pulps, Painting and Original Art!

8 posts in this topic

I am selling these from my personal collection.

The first :takeit: gets it.

1) "The Spider" (File Copy) - July 1937

Killer condition, beautiful cover gloss, CLASSIC COVER, pages creamy - slightest of creamy tan, but supple and flexible..typical file copy paper..still very nice!

Paid $575, selling for $450.00

NewSpiderJuly1937FileCopy.jpg

NewSpiderJuly1937FileCopysideview.jpg

NewSpiderFileCopyBCJuly1937.jpg

NewSpiderOfficialFileCopyStamponinteriorpages.jpg

2) "The Spider" - Feb. 1935

High grade copy - Not quite as sharp as the File, but stunning cover inks, and CLASSIC cover of this EARLY Spider. Pages evenly light tanned but very supple and flexible, absolutely no brittleness (similar to darker file copies). Very slight soiling BC (could be cleaned off easily with an art eraser, but I did not bother).

Price: $250.00

NewSpiderFeb1935.jpg

NewSpiderFeb1935SideView.jpg

NewSpiderFeb1935BC.jpg

Superman Original Comic Art Cover ...by Tom Grummett

(Grummett did the art on Superman for nearly 2 years including the art for the Death of Superman series. This art sold for 10's of thousands when auctioned off years back as a Las Vegas comicon). I had 11 Superman covers and various other covers that I received directly from Tom.

The "Nuclear Nightmare" cover was the last one that Tom himself kept in his personal collecion). I sold many other Grummett Superman covers sold from $500.00 - $2100.00.

Price: $1500.00 - Framed

DSC_1083-1.jpg

Shadow Painting:

The large Shadow painting by Harris was done for a San Diego Comicon to promote the Shadow. There have been prints made of it, but this is the original.

Dimensions: 30" x 46"

Price: $975.00

harrisShadow1-1.jpg

Science Fiction - July 1943

(File copy - but has 2 tiny pieces of tape on top and bottom of spine):

Price: $60.00 Great Robot Cover!

DSC_1095-1.jpg

DSC_1094-1.jpg

Adventure Pulp - April 15, 1935

Nice copy - but interior paper has edge tanning - but supple!

Price - $30.00

DSC_1101-1.jpg

DSC_1100-1.jpg

2) "Planet Stories" - January 1951

GREAT Cover image!!!

Condition resembles a file copy

OW interior paper with light tanning at edges, but very supple

Price: $60.00

PlanetStoriesJan1951bb-1.jpg

PlanetStoriesJan1951bcbb-2.jpg

3) "Planet Stories" - July 1951

Nice cover and shape

OW paper with very light edge tanning on paper..but supple!

Resembles a file copy, but not quite as sharp as the other one.

$40.00

PlanetStoriesJuly1951bb-1.jpg

PlanetStoriesJuly1951BCbb-1.jpg [/img]

SPINES

DSC_1247spinesb-1.jpg

RARE SHADOW STICKERS (Radio & pulp) - CIRCA: 1930's

Straight from an "advertising memorabilia" estate collection, 3 rare unused dead MINT gum backed "Shadow Stickers" from the 1930's.

Original, high gloss, uncirculated, beautiful stickers w. a fresh "just off the press" look.

Oval - 3 1/2" x 2 3/4" - Extremely Rare! Beautiful Graphics

("Partners in Peril" image") and the most sought after of all the stickers. Strikingly rich colors with high ink reflectivity - "Fresh off the Press" appearance --Extremely rare and highly sought after. This sticker has sold for $250 by itself before.

Horizintal - 2 1/2" x 1 1/8" - Extremely rare -- high gloss with incredible ink reflectivity -- "Fresh of the Press" appearance!!

c) Vertical - 2 1/2" x 2' - Seen occaisionally, but still tough to get in Mint condition.

Great addition to any Shadow, Pulp, Americana, or Radio collection!!

Price: $225.00

BCqfmWkKGrHqMOKowEyjC00tlBM-d4dlCg_3-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIPPING:

Spider pulps: $15.00@

Other pulps: $10.00@, 2 or more $15.00

Paintings and Art: $50.00-$75.00

No war chest for Franks stuff. I have seen Frank's collection in person a few times, and certainly the NM Weird Tales run is one of the highlights (that, and 9,500 other high grade pulps).

I was able to get any of the Shadows that I needed for my collection from Frank a few years back, so as far as other titles go, well I have to draw the line somewhere.

I just picked up from various private collections, a few stunning one-of -kind Shadow collectibles from the 1930's and 40's, so that is where my focus lies.

Dwight