• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 for your consideration . . .

24 posts in this topic

3.0 :)

Ok, Gentlemen, now the kicker. The book is missing it's first wrap (which means it is missing the 1st two pages of the story along with two non-story pages at the end). It is otherwise complete with no other interior defects.

Q1: What do I grade it for sale?

Q2: What does CGC grade it?

Q3: Do I bother slabbing it?

Q4: Do I look for spare parts?

For sale- Personally, I'd put it at almost 50% of OSPG / GOOD (Grade- Fair)

CGC- Maybe a Qualified 3.0 but it could also be a Universal .5.

Slabbing- I would, but only if given the choice of a Qualified 3.0 or a Universal .5. I'd take the Qualified grade in this case with the designation of Incomplete.

Spare parts- Wouldn't hurt... but the time, effort and cost involved may not be worth it when looking to resell.

For sale- Personally, I'd put it at almost 50% of OSPG / GOOD (Grade- Fair)

CGC- Maybe a Qualified 3.0 but it could also be a Universal .5.

Slabbing- I would, but only if given the choice of a Qualified 3.0 or a Universal .5. I'd take the Qualified grade in this case with the designation of Incomplete.

Spare parts- Wouldn't hurt... but the time, effort and cost involved may not be worth it when looking to resell.

I agree with all of the above.

I was going to say 2.5 - maybe 3.0 on a good day.

With the wrap missing it's a .5. I can't see the value of slabbing it and would think that marrying it to a lower grade or coverless copy with a missing centerfold would be ideal. i don't know how the market reacts, but when one is dealing with low grade comics, I can't see a married 2.5/3.0 being worth that much less than a Universal 2.5/3.0, especially if left raw.

If selling it raw I don't know that it makes much difference what you call it as long as it's accurately described, but Q3.0 probably sounds better than .5, as POOR conjures up images of moldy or brittle books, ready to fall apart. There's some books out there that really should have a negative grade.

3.0 :)

Ok, Gentlemen, now the kicker. The book is missing it's first wrap (which means it is missing the 1st two pages of the story along with two non-story pages at the end). It is otherwise complete with no other interior defects.

Q1: What do I grade it for sale?

Q2: What does CGC grade it?

Q3: Do I bother slabbing it?

Q4: Do I look for spare parts?

A1: Just clearly state the major hidden flaw, and that it's otherwise a 3.0 (or whatever)

A2: I would think it would be a 0.5.

A3: Given that it's an Avengers 1 and about to um...get alot of attention, I think it would be worth it. Also, I think slabbed it would be given a sort of legitamacy in an odd way given its flaw that a raw copy wouldn't be perceived as by a buyer...

A4: I don't think it's worth the trouble...