• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-Men 248 266 268 ALL SLABBED CGC 9.8 WP

15 posts in this topic

Forgive this first "official" post and dont categorize it as some lame selfish promotional attempt. At least I have been lurking for quite awhile and do find these boards very entertaining. There are some great characters and individuals I look forward to interfacing with here. I fear this will be the beginning of a new huge time distraction; like I need more of this.

Anyhow -- anyone interested in watching or possibly bidding on a pretty ridiculous modern key auction, feel free to stop by!!!!

UNCANNY X-MEN 248 266 268 ALL CGC 9.8 WP

PS -- I also have several other Uncanny X-Men books up in CGC 9.8 WP

including:

144 Man-Thing

147 highest

244 1st Jubilee Appearance

welcome and enjoy your stay...keep on coming those auctions...if you have late silver age/early bronze FF and Amazing Spidey just PM wink.gif

Thank You!! will do.

I forgot to mention that I also have a very sweet Silver Age early X-Men book up:

X-MEN 26 CGC 9.4 WHITE PAGES 1966 2nd Best Grade

congrats on the price, but i'm curious to see what the auction would've closed at if it was just 248 and 268. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifi got four NM/MT copies of 268 in my drawer right now that i didn't submit since i didn't think it would get $75 in CGC 9.6.

congrats on the price, but i'm curious to see what the auction would've closed at if it was just 248 and 268. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifi got four NM/MT copies of 268 in my drawer right now that i didn't submit since i didn't think it would get $75 in CGC 9.6.

Thanks pimp thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Without a doubt the "X" factor in this auction was the 266 book. This thing has sold anywhere between $200.00 - $350.00

I do think even without it, those other two books would have faired ok. Think about it, when was the last time you saw a 248 CGC 9.8 WP on eBay ?? Its been a long long while and the last one, I won by hitting the BIN.

As far as the 268. I do believe that a CGC 9.8 WP would easily fetch in the $100.00 range.

Its kind of funny, but the concept for this auction came to me in a "dream." Value and synergy does work quite often. It was deja vu for me again from a transformers auction I did last year. I had all G1 original 5 decepticon jets complete 100% with instruction booklets and weapons in NM++ condition. The auction did not appear to be going as well as I anticipated, but during the last two hours, the bidding price rose 800% It was incredible. People were really bidding into the pain zone on this one. This X-Men auction was very similar. It was a blast to watch!!!!!

Thanks a bunch tomega -- I appreciate you "tuning" in & dropping by.

thumbsup2.gif

I was watching the auction from the beginning and was going to bid but it went over $300. I am amazed at what those issues have been selling for. There are tons of those issues out there, I own many copies of each but they are ungraded. I was shocked at the ending price of your auction, the 266 was definitely the "x-factor," as you said. I just sent a bunch of issues to CGC, I think when I get them back I will start grading some of my modern stuff.