• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

33 posts in this topic

Hey all, here's hoping that you have a merry Christmas & a happy New Year!

My personal goals are: to have a closer "walk" with God, love people that are tough to love, spend less time at my computer, be more productive, be more social, loose weight, find the right woman for me, work longer hours, and so on.

Ok, to keep this more on the topic of comic books, does anybody other than me have collecting goals for the new year? I have a few goals like Raw VF-NM runs of...

Amazing Spider-Man (vol. 1) 201-329 Annuals 15-28 & 96', 97' annuals

Uncanny X-Men 144-396 + Annuals 4-8, 11-13, 15-18

Batman 400-600+ Annuals 11-24

Detective Comics 500-750+ Annuals 1-10

Web of Spider-Man 1-129 all the annuals

Spectacular Spider-Man 1-263 + all the annuals

Justice Leauge America (1st Series) 161-261

...and don't forget a VF-NM complete raw run of the first Marvel G.I. JOE series.

A few CGC graded books:

Amazing Spider-Man

119 - 122 CGC NM 8.5 - 9.2,

238 CGC 9.2 - 9.4,

300 CGC 9.2 - 9.4, and

Giant-Size Spider-Man 4 CGC 9.2 - 9.4

I will complete full NM RUNS OF:

-BYRNE X-men

-Byrne FF

-McFarlane Spidey

-McFarlane Hulk

-MTU

-Marvel 2-in-1

...and hope to complete these

-GI Joe

-Transformers

Pretty cheap runs to throw together tongue.gif

I sometimes opt to snipe an auction, but it is frustrating when you have a 56k connection and place a bid in the last 30 seconds, and after refreshing the page 2 times find out you've lost or the price has been raised because somebody with a cable connection bid 3 times in 13 seconds of the last 30 seconds. frown.gif

Complete my sets of key Silver FF's and ASM's in 9.4/9.6, not including the first 10 issues of each title.

Try selling a little more than I keep. I'm running out of food stamps frown.gif

Building my arms bigger than Greggy's smoking 11 inch guns! tongue.gif

Well we aren't all handed 9.6's when submitting our FF 49's.

So how many True Love/Dream Date/Romance/Throbbing heart( I said HEART), 11 year-old girl comics did that buy ?

Collecting goals tongue.gif

Try to get some hot babes in NM/Mint 9.8-10 range. Preferably all cover variants:

blond,brunette and redhead, maybe even some superrare blues if I get lucky?

And absolutely no restoration, only slight color touch-up is allowed grin.gif

Just curious about the starting point of your goals, since my favorite periods are just before your runs start. Do you already have the earlier runs, or are you simply ok with less than VF-NM for the earlier books?

In particular, I'd recommend checking out

Justice League 71-150 (the O'Neil, Wein, and Englehart stories particularly; these are great stories and Cheap!)

Batman 217-265 and 340-356 (the Adams books get expensive, but they're worth it; also some great Adams covers-only can be purchased for a song)

Detective 395-499 (ditto)

Merry Christmas!

Z.