• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thanks for the advice posted by captainmorgan

5 posts in this topic

found some nice comics so far.

ive started sprting thru my comics and have already found some nice ones. most of the comics are silver age. For example i have found an x-men #94, x-men giant size #1, silver silver #1,incredible hulk 180,181 and 182. I have two copies of #181. These are just a few of the good ones i have noticed. It will take me probably another week to finish organizing the rest of the comics. Its lots of fun going thru the comics with my 12 year old daughter.

I guess after i finish sorting the comics i will need to get some of them graded.

Im also trying to find a way to inventory my comics. any sugestions?

See more journals by captainmorgan

WOW! SOUNDS LIKE YOU SCORED BIG TIME,OR AM I BEING PUNKED! WHAT,NO AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129? WHERE ARE ALL THE OVERBLOGGERS WITH A MOUNTAIN OF REPLIES? IS THERE A NO REPLY AFTER LABOR DAY RULE I MISSED? FIRST FRESH BAGS AND BOARDS ARE A GOOD IDEA AND PROPER COMIC BOOK BOXES ALSO, A GOOD INVESTMENT IF IT'S ONLY A FEW THOUSAND BOOKS.

HOW TO INVENTORY...MAKE A LIST MIGHT SOUND EASY BUT IT'S NOT. THERE ARE MANY COMPUTER PROGRAMS OUT AS WELL AS LISTING CHARTS AND EVEN INDEX CARD FORMS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE THEIR WHOLE INVENTORY ON THEIR CELL PHONE!. WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS IS OLD SCHOOL SIMPLE. I USE A PENCIL,3 HOLE GRAPH PAPER AND A 3 CLIP FOLDER. IT'S EASY, MAKE A MARGIN ON THE LEFT AND LIST THE TITLES DOWN, ACROSS THE TOP FILL IN EACH BOX JAN.FEB. ETC. YOU CAN GET OVER 2 YEARS WORTH, ADD THE YEAR ON ONE SIDE THEN THE OTHER. TO WRITE IN THE ISSUE NUMBER JUST LINE UP THE TITLE WITH THE MONTH WRITE IN THE ISSUE NUMBER AND YOUR DONE. AT A QUICK GLANCE AN EMPTY BOX SHOWS WHAT ISSUE YOUR MISSING. GOOD LUCK! I HOPE YOU FIND THE SPIDEY 129.........Mcfly