• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Is Shipping? posted by Adolfo Villalovs

2 posts in this topic

WTF

I recently got back my graded comics and was really excited,

but when i noticed how much i paid for shipping and how much they actually paid for shipping i was felt ripped off. I paid $34 they paid $13 that means i paid $20 for a box some bubble wrap and some packing penuts that just sucks.

See more journals by Adolfo Villalovs

No.

The postage label that's on the CGC box isn't what CGC actually paid to ship you your books. As all USPS packages coming from CGC are shipped registered & insured, the price on the postage label only reflects the registered mail & insurance fee (not the actual priority mail shipping cost).

Here's an example:

- I just received a 24 lbs box back from CGC with 20 or so slabs. The postage label showed a cost of $18.85.

- To ship a 24 lbs box Priority mail from Sarasota, FL to my home cost $35.94 (if you printed the postage online).

- Registered mail service with $3,350 worth of insurance (which was the stated value of my books) was $18.85.

- So CGC's total shipping cost was (at least) $54.79.