• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay now charges a final shipping fee?

46 posts in this topic

so i got my eBay FVF on $2576.26 in sales, the bill was $239.98, so i'm thinking 9.5% and add the 3% of PP fees, i'm looking at 12.5% for selling on eBay.

9.3% plus 2.7% (you should be there for that amount) = 12%. For 12% you get a worldwide audience and the chance to move everything. I happily pay 12% for that.

...when you guys say 15% for ebay charges you are including Paypal in there as well right?...I've always estimated roughly 12% off the top for both ( 9% for ebay and 3 % for Paypal),...am I off in my estimates?

(thumbs u

so i got my eBay FVF on $2576.26 in sales, the bill was $239.98, so i'm thinking 9.5% and add the 3% of PP fees, i'm looking at 12.5% for selling on eBay.

9.3% plus 2.7% (you should be there for that amount) = 12%. For 12% you get a worldwide audience and the chance to move everything. I happily pay 12% for that.

count me in on this too, FD!

CAL who knows that FeeBay is the 800-lb. Gorilla...

I just recently sold several items and was charged the Final Value Fee on Shipping, but I specifically paid for shipping by using eBay's "Print Shipping Label" feature. Does anyone know if you don't use that feature, and just buy the postage through USPS.com, does eBay still charge you? Reason I ask is because I noticed someone mentioned they weren't charged the fee?

Thanks.

I just recently sold several items and was charged the Final Value Fee on Shipping, but I specifically paid for shipping by using eBay's "Print Shipping Label" feature. Does anyone know if you don't use that feature, and just buy the postage through USPS.com, does eBay still charge you? Reason I ask is because I noticed someone mentioned they weren't charged the fee?

Thanks.

Your going to get an Ebay bill which equals the final bid price, plus your lowest shipping price listed in the auction. If you offer priority for $5.00 and someone wants next day at $15.00 you only get charged a fee on the $5.00. The convenience of using the Ebay checkout to pay for postage, is helpful for the buyer who gets an immediate email that his order was processed and shipped. Which is good for communication.