• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko ASM recreation art day!

3 posts in this topic

I'm not typically a big fan of recreations, but picked these up recently:

Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1 Cover Recreation

Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1 splash page recreation

The artist, Tom Cook, did a fine job apeing Ditko and I'm thrilled to have these. Probably the closest I'll come to owning a Ditko cover or splash from ASM!

Thanks to Brauny for parting with both!

-Steve

The artist, Tom Cook, did a fine job apeing Ditko and I'm thrilled to have these. Probably the closest I'll come to owning a Ditko cover or splash from ASM!

-Steve

Very skillfully done. Are these from the series of redrawn Ditko pages used in the Marvel Masterworks reprints?

-Steve

Very skillfully done. Are these from the series of redrawn Ditko pages used in the Marvel Masterworks reprints?

Thanks -- no, I had wondered the same thing when I first saw them, but I was told they are commissions. Plus I don't think Tom did that work for Marvel -- I believe the Masterworks recreations were by Michael Kelleher.

Tom's an interesting guy -- he worked as an animator for years alongside some of the all-time greats.

About Thomas Cook