• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed

50 posts in this topic

I have fun collecting but sometimes i do get tired of it .I want to be able to get into the bigger key comics and expand my collection and start buying and selling comics and going to Comic Cons.

I was wondering what should i do ,sell all my comics and start over or just keep going ,because honestly i just want to get higher grade comics from other super heros,and have a collection of them.

I have fun collecting but sometimes i do get tired of it .I want to be able to get into the bigger key comics and expand my collection and start buying and selling comics and going to Comic Cons.

I was wondering what should i do ,sell all my comics and start over or just keep going ,because honestly i just want to get higher grade comics from other super heros,and have a collection of them.

Earn more money. (thumbs u

Seriously.

Seriously.

Ditto

Seriously.

Ditto

I did that, but my wife and kids seem to find stuff to spend it on other than comics doh!

Sometimes it is better to stick to one character or title to work on. This hobby can get overwhelming financially pretty quickly if you try to do too much. I have narrowed my focus considerably lately and I am still having trouble buying half of what I would like to pick up.

Seriously.

Ditto

I did that, but my wife and kids seem to find stuff to spend it on other than comics doh!

I feel you, my girl thinks that for every dollar worth of comics I should be getting her at least two in shoes :P

well how can i make this comic collecting pay for itself a little i just closed my book selling thread down but i have extras and no one would want them there not that old and i might get like 40-60 out of it like i have old annuals worth something but i havent seen anyone but me be like "looking for cap. comics"

These forums are a great place. I think everyone that joins here ends up finding great stuff and spending money! My collection has grown by leaps and bounds since I joined these forums.

I have to agree with the sentiment of trying to stay focused as having wide interests can be a pain on the wallet.

well its just upsetting cause i dont know how to grade my comics and i dont have time to look at how to grade them and look at comic then back to book and so forth i just wish i knew like i know my newest ones are 9.8 cause i bought them then put them in the sleeves and so forth but i want a little help like i need a 109 but yet i dont know anyone that has one and yea there are reprints out there but i want some that arent gonna kill my wallet but a good copy is 1600$

well how can i make this comic collecting pay for itself a little i just closed my book selling thread down but i have extras and no one would want them there not that old and i might get like 40-60 out of it like i have old annuals worth something but i havent seen anyone but me be like "looking for cap. comics"

Good luck with that. I know there are parts of my collection that no one else would want but me! I'm sure all comic collectors know what that's like.

well its just upsetting cause i dont know how to grade my comics and i dont have time to look at how to grade them and look at comic then back to book and so forth i just wish i knew like i know my newest ones are 9.8 cause i bought them then put them in the sleeves and so forth but i want a little help like i need a 109 but yet i dont know anyone that has one and yea there are reprints out there but i want some that arent gonna kill my wallet but a good copy is 1600$

A 9.8 may be $1,600, but a 9.2 may only set you back $200 (not sure what the current FMV on this book is, but I'm sure I am close). This is why I tend to live in the 8.5-9.2 range for Silver Age with an occasional reach to a 9.4 when the price is good. You can get a gorgeous book in that grade range without the huge price jumps associated with uber high grade books that don't look that much better.

As old cliche goes, buy the book and not the number on the case. You'll be happier and will still put together a nice collection.