• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things missed during grading...

52 posts in this topic

Here's an interesting missed item from CGC. I picked this up on E-Bay and didn't notice it until I received the book - Graded 9.8 Universal but it's signed in the middle of the front cover by Jae Lee!!!

EPSON028-1.jpg

lol - To error is human - no big deal! Must have been an early Monday morning grade!

I mean CGC has made mistakes before...but this is a little suspicious. I'd love to hear what they have to say, but I'm hoping I'm right. :(

It's really not that big of a deal - I don't mind the occasional green label and it's not a valuable book either way. Just one I needed!!

Maybe it was a 10.0? And the sig was a grade drop??

That's highly unlikely. Much smaller signatures on the cover have garnered 7.5's on otherwise 9.8 books. With a signature that big in marker on the cover, it's something that CGC missed and my money is that if sent in for re-grading, it'd come back a 9.8Q or a 7.5 universal.