• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things missed during grading...

52 posts in this topic

Yeah but it's in Marker (shrug)

It's really not that complicated ... for a book in a blue label slab, notations on the exterior cover count as grade-dropping defects. The grade-drop is dependent on the size of the notation which means that a signature will hammer the grade much more than a single number. That's it, really.

Hey everyone!

It was probably an accident like when Wendys doesn't put a straw in our bag for your drink.

Sometimes I like to pull over and theorize why Wendys accidentally forgot my straw. Maybe they didn't like my tone of voice? Was it my order? Was it because I asked for a Frosty?

But this is only sometimes and apparantly many of you do the same...

Mislabels happen given the amount of volume, call CGC and they can tell you what happened and how it can be rectified.

Simple, now go read a comic everyone...

JJ

rantrant

I have theorized that Wendy's employees leave the straws out just to all of us off. It's just like when you ask for no cheese and 3 miles down the road after leaving the drive through you find cheese on your burger, F-ing cheese. At least that's what my wife says, I like cheese my self :)

Hey everyone!

It was probably an accident like when Wendys doesn't put a straw in our bag for your drink.

Sometimes I like to pull over and theorize why Wendys accidentally forgot my straw. Maybe they didn't like my tone of voice? Was it my order? Was it because I asked for a Frosty?

JJ

They are clearly threatened by your devastating good looks...

Hey everyone!

JJ

They are clearly threatened by your devastating good looks...

Probably...

Hey everyone!

Sometimes I like to pull over and theorize why Wendys accidentally forgot my straw. Maybe they didn't like my tone of voice? Was it my order? Was it because I am a duke fan?

Probably so.

Could it be that is was signed at a con in front of a witness and supposed to be a SS label, but got a blue label instead? Is there anyway that could be researched?

It should be on the invoice assigned to the book. If so, then it ought to be in the CGC system someplace as they keep a copy.