• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One single moment in your life...

49 posts in this topic

That moment of weakness has haunted me for eighteen years.

Truth be told how many of us would've helped her?

If it's not our fight we usually won't risk ourselves (unless we have time to think things through and do it from a sense of compassion or guilt).

You're just human, in my opinion tehre's no such thing as Bruce Waynes, everyone does stuff that they regret.

You're not a bad person for that, as much as I hate to admit it I would probably looked the other way too ...

I wouldn't, but then again it's always been in my nature to act first, think later. If there's anyone to blame for that girl's suicide, it would be the bus driver ( if I correctly understood she was getting beat up in the bus), the school and the parents of the aggressors.

I would think that the only person to blame for that girl's suicide would be that girl.

...when pushed to the brink...

She needed someone. She actually, needed a hero. Someone not afraid of consequences to stand up for her. All those kids who kids who took their lives during that tragic period did. Her's hit closest home to me, as I spent the weekend thinking about "us" down the road(a what if), how we made it out of there and into colleges while the bad kids pumped gas, only to be shattered when reading the paper the day of going back to school the next week.

If it's not our fight we usually won't risk ourselves (unless we have time to think things through and do it from a sense of compassion or guilt).

You're just human, in my opinion tehre's no such thing as Bruce Waynes, everyone does stuff that they regret.

You're not a bad person for that, as much as I hate to admit it I would probably looked the other way too ...

I wouldn't, but then again it's always been in my nature to act first, think later. If there's anyone to blame for that girl's suicide, it would be the bus driver ( if I correctly understood she was getting beat up in the bus), the school and the parents of the aggressors.

It was outside of the fleet of buses trapped in traffic headed for the middle school. Just chaotic as detention kids were being picked up on the way home as teachers were leaving.

A similar incident occurred in Portugal a few months ago along with the recorded video of the assault being promoted on YouTube. Needless to say, all individuals involved ( the aggressors as well as the one who recorded and subsequently uploaded the video) felt the strong arm of the law.

Good.

One night my wife and were sharing a long kiss shortly after we became a couple. I remember feeling there was something different about this one, that there was something special about it. When we parted she looked up at me and said, "Wow" and I knew she also noticed it.

That's where I would like to go :cloud9:

Interesting..., when I met my future wife, it was love at first sight. Not so much for her, as she had been recently jilted, as was suspicious....,

oh, don't get me wrong. It was just one of those moments where we fell deeper in love :grin:

It was outside of the fleet of buses trapped in traffic headed for the middle school. Just chaotic as detention kids were being picked up on the way home as teachers were leaving.

A similar incident occurred in Portugal a few months ago along with the recorded video of the assault being promoted on YouTube. Needless to say, all individuals involved ( the aggressors as well as the one who recorded and subsequently uploaded the video) felt the strong arm of the law. If the aggressors in your case went unpunished, then my finger still points to the school and the parents for not having dealt with the situation accordingly.

And they still got away easily if you ask me...

If it is just to relive a moment i,m OK the way things are. If it was to relive and change I would talk to my friend for a while longer. At the time I didn't know it would be our last and he might have not been in that place in the road at that moment and died.

I'd go back to a moment I misbehaved and relive, at the same time change the way that hour ended... I wish I'd said " bye Rhonda" instead of " bye Michelle"

.....but then, that would mean you would never meet Jasmine, whom you have yet to meet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd go back to a moment I misbehaved and relive, at the same time change the way that hour ended... I wish I'd said " bye Rhonda" instead of " bye Michelle"

.....but then, that would mean you would never meet Jasmine, whom you have yet to meet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jasmine, if you are out there looking for loving, please call me or meet me at the top of the Empire State building at 1201pm new year's day.Also, please don't worry about my wife and kids, I'll leave them in the lobby with a FULL bag of pop-corn. ;)

I had a blowout fight/misunderstanding with my wife back in 2008, and we broke up. And both of us agree now that we screwed up. But now we are both with other people and she has a daughter now, so fixing it is not so easy. But, if I could have a do-over, I'd do anything to keep us together in 2008.