• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One single moment in your life...

49 posts in this topic

Since these days a bunch of people are making completely useless threads... I figured I would not be gigged for this... Everyone, if you could relive one (and only one) moment that you have lived, within your entire life, one single moment... With only being able to be there 1 hour... Where, when, or with who would you use that one brief hour...

I don't have many regrets, I would relieve last Friday and win the lottery or something like that!
Doesn't have to be regrets, something totally cool you'ved experienced that you would not mind reliving one more time

I agree. Reliving the hour starting when my bride came down the aisle. Everything was perfect (even the goofy "mistakes" like my 4 year-old flower girl misunderstanding what we meant by "throw the rose petals." She thought we meant throw them like you are in a snowball fight and pummeled my wife's boss in the face from six inches away with them.).

Nothing comes close to that day.

Just one hour? That's a tight window. My Wife and I used to go to the beach almost every day in the summer of 94, she was my girlfriend at the time.Spending time walking along the beach talking,listening to the Eagles and Alanis Morresettte on our portable CD player.I guess it does'nt make for a good story here,but it was the best time of my life.Man I wish That little tiny piece of film of my life would rewind and play constantly.That's the time I fell in love.

Relive to experience again or fix?
Only to relive, if you change anything you stay there to relive from that point on
I've always wanted to relive to fix one point of my life, when I folded because of peer pressure and that was to help a troubled girl I really liked in high school. Ever since, hearing of her suicide days later, my life feels like I died right along with her through my social cowardice, and it feels like almost like I'm living Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" (sometimes called "An Incident at Owl Creek Bridge"), and life is gonna catch with me eventually. I just always wanted to relive that moment on the bus when I stared at the three girls savagely beating on her(a couple before...) and how just sat there afraid of losing my bus privileges(fate, put me on that particular moment in time and most likely was supposed to be my big hero moment) if I acted with my heart. Maybe, she would have known someone actually cared. :(

Relive to experience again or fix?
Only to relive, if you change anything you stay there to relive from that point on
I've always wanted to relive to fix one point of my life, when I folded because of peer pressure and that was to help a troubled girl I really liked in high school. Ever since, hearing of her suicide days later, my life feels like I died right along with her through my social cowardice, and it feels like almost like I'm living Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" (sometimes called "An Incident at Owl Creek Bridge"), and life is gonna catch with me eventually. I just always wanted to relive that moment on the bus when I stared at the three girls savagely beating on her(a couple before...) and how just sat there afraid of losing my bus privileges(fate, put me on that particular moment in time and most likely was supposed to be my big hero moment) if I acted with my heart. Maybe, she would have known someone actually cared. :(

That's probably the most profound post I've read.