• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperFriends & more coming your way on DVD in 2003

2 posts in this topic

This news is a few days old, but if you like me and don't check for news every day, then you might have missed this news: quoted directly from Mile High Pulse

MEANWHILE, AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE... SUPER FRIENDS ON DVD!

BY TROY BROWNFIELD

"The classic Super Friends finally make it to Warner Brothers DVD this coming April! The 1978 "Challenge of the Super Friends" season, which famously pitted the Justice League of America against the Legion of Doom, drops on April 22 for $19.98. Episodes on the DVD include "Wanted: The Super Friends", "Invasion of the Fearians", "The World's Deadliest Game", "The Time Trap", and "Trial of the Super Friends".

Astute observers of pop culture will note that DC Direct's Super Friends action figure two-packs begin shipping in a similar time frame. The Superman and Lex Luthor two-pack is slated to reach stores on April 2nd, while the Wonder Woman and Cheetah pack hits on April 30th. Green Lantern and Sinestro land on May 7th, while Aquaman and Black Manta follow on May 21st.

And while that news alone is enough to make any super-hero cartoon fan do a fast, happy tap-dance, you can also expect three other WB DVDs on the same day. These include:

Batman The Animated Series: Tales of the Dark Knight, X-Men Evolution: Mutants Rising, and Justice League: Justice on Trial. While no episode titles were listed, it's safe to assume that Justice on Trial includes the two "In Blackest Night" episodes wherein Green Lantern John Stewart stands accused of destroying a planet. Members of the Green Lantern Corps and old-school JLA villains Kanjar Ro and the Manhunters appear in those episodes as well.

DVDtoons.com currently has screen shots for the Batman and Super Friends menus in their Releases section."

I'll probably end up purchasing all of the mentioned upcoming Superhero cartoons on DVD to add to my collection. wink.gif