• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comic Con Report

55 posts in this topic

hey voorhees..it was nice to see you again(paul with the cobra t-shirt)...my highlight was i was waiting in line for stan's signature for 1 hour and they told me tickets for the day was sold out(saturday)..so i passed back around 4pm to see stan before i left and saw the line almost empty.so i asked the lady selling tickets if they where still available...she said pay and hurry up before he leaves.....and finally got my poster signed, just when i almost gave up.

hey voorhees..it was nice to see you again(paul with the cobra t-shirt)...my highlight was i was waiting in line for stan's signature for 1 hour and they told me tickets for the day was sold out(saturday)..so i passed back around 4pm to see stan before i left and saw the line almost empty.so i asked the lady selling tickets if they where still available...she said pay and hurry up before he leaves.....and finally got my poster signed, just when i almost gave up.

:headbang: You too!

I spent the better part of the previous month grading and pricing books for Nick before and after work each day and during the week-ends

wow, a friend indeed

great report, very interesting from a seller's perspective

Oh yeah... We even laughed about it afterwards saying "wow, we're still friends after the week-end". Both of us were REALLY tired, and cranky with each other due to sleep deprivation. lol

Can you find "Waldo" in any of the above photos??? ;)

Waldo grew some long hair. But at least he is accompanied by a responsible grownup.

:insane:

We have a winner!!! :applause:

Responsible is relative.

:insane:

We ended up going out Saturday night with Davidpg.

We met on Crescent St. and walked to a killer little Italian restaurant called La Medusa.

David had the Gorgonzola Gnocchi, I had lamb chops and Lou had a split plate with the Gorgonzola Gnocchi and Spaghetti in a blush sauce.

The food was so good that when David and Lou ordered dessert (Cannoli and Creme Brule) I ordered a second entree dish (Gorgonzola Gnocchi)!

The food and atmoshpere was so good that we literally spent 4 hours there without realizing it...until our legs started going numb and we realized it was time to get out there and walk.

lol

Sunday we decided to try Italian again but La Medusa was closed so we stumbled across another place call Restaurant Bis.

Holy cow, more awesome Italian food.

We split 3 plates that included a wonderful Risotto dish, some Veal with a mushroom sauce and Gnocchi withe Alfredo sauce.

Washed it down with a Moretti lager.

Awesome stuff.

Didn't take many pics.

I have one of the crowd outside the hall. If any of you know the Place Bonaventure, this is out by the cafeteria area, taken as I went up the escalator. This is where the crowd outside the hall had already begun to taper off. As you got through this crowd the lines snaked up two floors and the crowd thickened. It was a shocker.

IMG-20110917-00078.jpg

Lou really wanted to get some new clothes so here she is showing off a new pair of shoes and a terrific shoulder warmer that kept her cozy all evening.

IMG-20110918-00082.jpg

That's about it folks.

Bought a small handful of books from Big B and Harley and we spent most of the weekend enjoying Montreal which included making some new friends and seeing the sights.

Thanks to David for being a terrific tour guide!

Or so I heard.

:whistle: