• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Gifts?

71 posts in this topic

for me!!! (I'm a kid at heart... I'm just older looking and meet my adult responsibilities) wink.gif

...we play all the games. I'm on a dominating streak with the RS robots... winning about 90+% of the best of 3 matches. My 9 and 5 year olds have not figured out the positioning strategy before we say "go". I'm usually lined up to knock their block off!!

grin.gif

Hey I gotta get mine...

I have to suffer regular self-imposed defeats at checkers and chess so they don't get too discouraged.. I act like I'm a dope every other move.. ooops! did i just leave my Queen there next to your pawn... doooh! ooops a quadruple jump in checkers... how does that always happen to me??! smirk.gif

or... what about the "knees-first" cannon balls they do on my back, stomach, etc. when I'm sleeping.

or... the toilet flushing when I'm in the shower!!!

Beating the out of them with the Rock'em Sock'em robots helps even the score grin.gif no quarter!!!

Nice, I got that same leatherbound: "Marvel: It's Heros and Characters", also got a Spiderman hardcover book that my mom found at price club. Ended up with a cool Marvel trivia game, a Marvel calendar, a regular edition Spider-man DVD and a collector's edition dvd of Spider-Man. I also got some cash for comics, but I can't say that I am goign to spend it for such. Overall great Christmas! grin.gif

My favorite gift was one I gave to my girlfriend and will be looking at probably more often than she will--the new Rubies lifesize Yoda. It is by far the best looking rendition of Yoda I've ever seen, complete with lightsaber. I haven't seen it in person yet because I had it shipped directly to her mom, but I've been out of town for the last week until today.

Besides that, my favorites were what I bought myself just before Christmas and found waiting for me when I got back home today--Spidey 65 CGC 9.6 and X-Men 45 CGC 9.6. MAN am I starting to like the CGC 9.6 grade. shocked.gif

I just found out that my dad ordered me a copy of Donnie Darko from deepdvddiscount.com ... or is it deepdiscountdvd.com... whichever... but it's back-ordered until FEBRUARY! Cheese n' crackers! My Christmas will last all year! laugh.gif By the way, that site is really excellent. The prices really are lower, and the shipping is free. Dig it.

Yeah, that's all I ever get! frown.gif

Welcome back! You should have been here refereeing on X-mas day! Six comic forum members got sent to the penalty box that day! frown.gif

greggy -- what happened? I've been trying to figure it all out, and can't quite piece it together. I hate missing all the good stuff.

And thanks for the welcome back -- it's great to go on vacation, but I love being back home, too.

-- Joanna

Khaos, did I read that you got two DVD players? And here I am trying to figure out if I want to buy a cheapo at Amazon because it's driving me crazy not to have one, and I have a gift certificate that will offset the price a tad. I am a total wimp when it comes to spending money on luxuries.

-- Joanna

Joanna, you read correctly. :/ The worst part is that I was the manager of a video store for the last two years while I was at school... and now I find myself almost incapable of sitting down to watch movies! Though I did sit and watch The Dangerous Lives Of Altar Boys, and it was entertaining. Kinda. Okay, okay, I slept through most of it. And the parts that I did see added up to a rather cliche, predictable mess of a film... but the idea was interesting enough, and it was fun to watch the comic book parts. Oh god I'm just rambling... I need sleep. wink.gif

For christmas I got:

• a black dress shirt and 2 black T-shirts (black is not my favorite color, I like earth tones)

• a gyrotwister (a small workout device for wrists and arms, very small, I am gonna sell it on ebay)

• 300 €

• a lamp for the "bed table" - stupid language barrier, arf!

• a small frog figure for the shelf

• a rapidograph (inking pen)

Wow, I looked at deepdiscountdvd.com, umm...where's there discount? The fact they don't charge shipping? I could get better prices then this at my local Best Buy tongue.gif

Actually, I just buy all my DVDs from Half.com, new DVD's at like 9.99-14.99

Brian