• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC Comic Con - Vintage Comics - booth 1275 - UPDATE

28 posts in this topic

Hey gang, looking for someone to help out at the booth at the NY Comic Con (October 13-16 to be exact).

Louise and I will both be alternating table time at the booth but I'd like an extra body there to help out.

Looking for someone that is reputable (well known on the boards with a good track record or can have a reputable forum member vouch for them), knows at least a little about comics (shouldn't be a problem on here although not a must) and can handle a crowd from the exhibitor side of the table.

Exhibitor badge is included in the offer and I can work out specific details/benefits with any interested parties that might qualify.

Feel free to drop me a PM with any questions or pointers.

Thanks for looking!

Roy.

Can I engage in heavy drinking while working the booth?

Only if you agree to grade books while doing so :headbang:

Make sure you read every story.

:sumo:

Gang, just letting you know that I've found someone to help at the booth.

Thanks to all for the PMs.

(worship)

I'll be set up at booth 1275 which is roughly at the back centre of the hall facing forward (corner booth, just past the HUGE DC booth).

I will be bringing a fresh consignment of Avengers #1-100 (all CGC graded, mostly complete run except for a small handful of issues missing). The earliest books are in mid grade, with issue #1 being a CGC 6.0, issue #2 being CGC 4.5 and #3 being CGC 6.0. The remaining books are in the 9.0-9.6 range, including some Pedigree issues.

I'll also have some books fresh from CGC including keys and highest graded copies.

Finally, I am planning on possibly having some high grade raw Bronze and Silver Age books to choose from but haven't decided yet. More like i will see if i have time to process them. These would be books that I had purchased with the intent to have graded but have not gotten around to processing them yet.

Drop by and say hello.

(thumbs u

Gang, just letting you know that I've found someone to help at the booth.

Thanks to all for the PMs.

(worship)

I'll be set up at booth 1275 which is roughly at the back centre of the hall facing forward (corner booth, just past the HUGE DC booth).

I will be bringing a fresh consignment of Avengers #1-100 (all CGC graded, mostly complete run except for a small handful of issues missing). The earliest books are in mid grade, with issue #1 being a CGC 6.0, issue #2 being CGC 4.5 and #3 being CGC 6.0. The remaining books are in the 9.0-9.6 range, including some Pedigree issues.

I'll also have some books fresh from CGC including keys and highest graded copies.

Finally, I am planning on possibly having some high grade raw Bronze and Silver Age books to choose from but haven't decided yet. More like i will see if i have time to process them. These would be books that I had purchased with the intent to have graded but have not gotten around to processing them yet.

Drop by and say hello.

(thumbs u

Can't make it to NY this year, but it was good tro see you in Detroit.

Gang, on top of the above listed books I plan on having about 30 high grade CGC books added to inventory as they come back from CGC (they should all be done for next Thursday's pre-view night).

The 1st batch of books includes:

Amazing Spider-man #16 CGC 9.4 OWW

Avengers #4 CGC 9.4 OW

Fantastic Four #18 CGC 9.2 OWW (really tough book in higher grade)

Fantastic Four #26 CGC 9.6 White pages

Silver Surfer #14 CGC 9.8 White

Sub-Mariner Comics #25 CGC 9.2 OW Ohio (Timely)

I'll list the rest as they are completed.

:shy:

Good luck at the show Roy! Stay away from the elevators!

lol

? :popcorn:

At Fan Expo Toronto, on my way to set-up for the pre-view night my 2nd oldest daughter and I got stuck in a service elevator at the Toronto Convention Centre with all my inventory.

:cool:

lol

At Fan Expo Toronto, on my way to set-up for the pre-view night my 2nd oldest daughter and I got stuck in a service elevator at the Toronto Convention Centre with all my inventory.

Did you call 911?

lol

Did you call 911?

No, one of the people in the elevator worked for the convention centre (but was off duty) and called someone. There was about 6 or 7 of us in there. Got pretty hot.

lol

Did you call 911?

No, one of the people in the elevator worked for the convention centre (but was off duty) and called someone. There was about 6 or 7 of us in there. Got pretty hot.

I'm just funning with ya, Roy.