• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well

8 posts in this topic

I have been really busy the past few days and have been unable to login here. I am delighted to see that the coin people and the comic people are getting along so nicely. smile.gif

The Water Cooler gives a particularly warm and fuzzy feeling. How did this all happen? No, no, let me guess. It was all the coin peoples fault, right? and they will say it was all the comic peoples fault? I warned you guys not to go into the coin forums smile.gif The coin people hate us, and you comic people hate us coin people. Oh GREAT!!! That means EVERYBODY HERE hates ME. To quote Rodney King - "Can't we all just get along?"

It would be really great if coin collectors and comic collectors discussed the traits that they share instead of dwelling on their differences. Both the comic market AND the coin market, need to attract young collectors, or the markets are in danger of becoming extinct. Imagine how much more impact the two communities could have on potential young collectors, if they pooled their resources and tried to attract young people to the hobbies together. Instead comic people tell young people how stupid coin collecting is and coin collectors tell young people how stupid comic collecting is. Warring nations have put aside their differences in the past in the name of self preservation. I think hobbyists could do the same if they really wanted to.

Phil

Wow, is that you Dr. Phil? I thought so, but your last post confirms it.

Seriously, of course you are right, except I really don't think the coin guys hate the comic guys or do they? I see help being offered to the newbies on both sides so I don't think they hate each other.

I think part of the problem is the coin guys are not used to the all out vicious attack the comic guys will launch and they are relentless. A couple of coin guys have had the reputation for their "down your throat" type of posts and they got stuffed, so there may be some hurt feelings there.

This comic vs coin stuff reminds me of the Arabs and the Jews. It's like, hello, don't you people know you're related? So, Doc, you're right that it would be counter-productive for the coin guys to really hate the comic guys and vice versa.

BTW, love your show.

Merry Christmas

I love collecting Coins, I have for over 30 years. I love the Franklin Half and Mercury Dime. I love collecting comics, I have for over 30 years. I search for Golden and Silver age Archie comics and I also do DC Superheros....... I love both coins and comics.....

Right now, I have more comics then coins on my snipe list...

...I drop bombs on both sides

Hey I've been down here enough to know everyone is fair game - no exceptions period!

No one and no thing is sacred! I think I saw the warning sign when I walked in - said,

BEWARE - IF YOU DISH IT OUT, YOU'D BETTER BE PREPARED TO TAKE IT

p.s. MOB MENTALITY RULES

I think that all types of collectors are neato and peachy keen.

Other likes:

Favorite Pastime: Walking in the rain along the beach looking for rainbows.

Favorite Hobby: Smelling pretty flowers.

Favorite Smell: Jasmine

Favorite Sight: The smile of a newborn baby.

Favorite Sound: The music of a lovely songbird singing on a dew covered branch.

Favorite Thing to do: Punk all of the crybaby tattle tale coin sissies and crush them into dog flavored powder because 99 percent of the time the little tulips are asking for it. mad.gif

Peace and joy to you all,

Bug