• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question about sigs on flip books

6 posts in this topic

What defines Front side on a flip book?

If there is an indicia that indicates it is "this book" as opposed to "that book." The book mentioned in the indicia will always be slabbed as the front.

Example: The Chew flip book with WD. CGC will not slab that book with the Chew in the front, even if you ask them too. I saw someone throw a frickin fit over that at one of the Chicago shows a couple of years ago.

What defines Front side on a flip book?

If there is an indicia that indicates it is "this book" as opposed to "that book." The book mentioned in the indicia will always be slabbed as the front.

Example: The Chew flip book with WD. CGC will not slab that book with the Chew in the front, even if you ask them too. I saw someone throw a frickin fit over that at one of the Chicago shows a couple of years ago.

I just talked to Eric at CGC (Thanks Eric!) and he told me the same thing. There is a certain side that is the front and CGC will always slab it with that side on the front.

He also answered my question for me...you can get sigs on either side and there is no grade penalty for getting sigs on the "back"