• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Con Virgin Here going to NYCC

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Everyone!

My wife and I are taking a trip up to NYC to attended Comic Con and I've never been to a Con before. I've never even seen one except in an episode of Psych.

I was wondering if some of you can share any tips, things to do, things to avoid, what to bring, that sort of thing. I want to try to get the most out of the experience.

So far my only plans are to try to get signatures for about three or four different comics. I'm also thinking about dressing up since it's going to be close to Halloween anyway. :)

Wear comfy shoes. Hit the ATM way before you arrive. Do your research before you go, so you know who's coming and maybe any signing schedules for the people you want to see. Spend the beginning of the show just looking around to get the lay of the land. And of course, remember to have fun! ;) Hopefully the crowds and lines won't discourage you. The New York con has an incredible amount of variety and booths for you to see, so hopefully you and the wife will have a blast!